260z RHD dashboard on ebay, pickup only

Wally

Club Member
I've been watching it waiting for the price to shoot up. Maybe it's the pick up and cracks that are putting people off?

Seikoking

Well-Known Forum User
Sold for £280. Cheapest I’ve seen in a while.

The one on here is complete with gauges and more of the centre control panel though...I think.

Make your own mind up if that accounts for the difference in price !

Sold for £280. Cheapest I’ve seen in a while.

The one on here is complete with gauges and more of the centre control panel though...I think.

Make your own mind up if that accounts for the difference in price !

There's been a few in that bracket, there's always the speculators though.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I guess the question is what is it worth to YOU?

What is your time worth in restoring one properly versus paying big bucks for one you can just slot in. Or indeed how much would someone charge to restore one?

The gauges are generally selling on for about £80-120 for the large ones and about £50-80 for the small ones - if you ignore the crazy prices listed on eBay.

It’s a bit like our car prices - some are unbelievably reasonable sales and some are higher value but the buyer got exactly what they wanted in their budget. Also a good litmus year is how long these things hang about for.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Not worth getting one with cracks ,time you’ve paid someone to sort t and tats if they can you might as well get one that’s ok,good one is worth £500-£600 ,ive got two in my garage and a 240 sitting there with working gauges

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
The people bidding on eBay beg to differ. There was a perfect condition one with no cracks that sold for over £900 a couple of years ago. Strange to think in the old days the 260 dashboards were just being thrown away!!!!

status

Well-Known Forum User
That’s their choice to pay stupid money just like some of the other bits we see asking stupid money hence most still for sale,yeah all those 240/260 bits that went in the skip some are worth a bit more I’m gradually selling my bits off as the way I look at it if my Zed gets written off for not being able to get bits then I get loadsa money and keep wots left of it,I had to wait two months for a windscreen when I got back from Le man,autoglass had five made up cos they couldn’t get one,just look at 260 z rear lights people asking lots of money for them,I’ve got two sets and gave one set away a few years ago