260Z rear

Jazman

Forum User
Hi guys,

I have the following rear lights with the chrome and want it to look like the 2nd image.

anyone point me in the right direction? (telling me what it;s called would be a start! lol

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02566.jpg

Cheers in advance.

Jaz

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
The top image is a US spec 280Z 77/78 I think
The second image is an early 240Z. 69/70 probably.

You have a 260Z . Thats different to either of these two.

tel240z

Club Member
the 2nd image is a 240z, the rev lights are incorperated in the cluster, unlike the 1st picture (260z) which the rev lights are separate

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Pmac beat me to it. I think I read the swap isn't trivial, but can't be sooo hard

Wyn

Club Member
Unless you're in the US it sounds like you need a set of uk spec rear lights :unsure:

If you have them you could paint the chrome trims black n smoke the rev lamps?

Jazman

Forum User
ah.. so would I need something like

$(KGrHqEOKj8E3E5tt9hTBN5+yp4V4!~~_12.JPG

and two rear light clusters from a 240z?

Where is the best place to get these from?

Thanks again

Jaz.

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
Jaz - just getting hold of a set of the UK-spec Rear Lights is akin to finding Rocking Horse Dung these days.

A decent set go for about £250-300, if and when you can find them. And then you need the Trim pieces as illustrated above, and a little welding, and a bit more re-wiring, and....you'd be better off sticking to what you've got already !

Jazman

Forum User
ah cheers for that.. you guys have been a good find, makes us realise now what we can and cant realistically do.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
A decent set go for about £250-300, if and when you can find them.

I managed with wikipedia to translate and understand THAT bit - it was the bit you left off that confused me................"if and when you can find an ignorant seller and steal 'em off for £300 !"

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
Jazman,
Nice new project car, it looked in rather good nick...I was tempted. How was the 260z close up...? need much doing?

Jazman

Forum User
put it this was I asked him to do my wedding photo's... it was like we took a double take and thought the pictures were of a different car.. he took the right angles to avoid the dents and scrapes and rust holes.

we over paid for the car tbh but... it's given us the opportunity to work on a car to bring it to the way we wanted it.