260z 2/2

Farmer42

Club Member
I am aware of a few JDM 2 seaters but as far as I know there are only 2 JDM 2/2s - yours & mine. Others may know more than me.

I drive mine fairly regularly especially when I am feeling s**t or stressed. Never fails to put a smile back on my face. They have to be driven!! :driving:

Farmer42

Club Member
I'm in Bristol. Won't be able to drive for a while. Broke my wrist back in August and still need another op on it. Should be fit again by the start of the show & meet season and hopefully will have my power steering conversion installed by then to help me steer it.

Farmer42

Club Member
It didn't sell at auction. I think it got to £20k but the reserve was higher.

It is a 2.0 - I checked the engine number. Decent car.

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/nissan-fairlady-zl-2by2-cp

The advert says its a 2.4L so if it had L20 on the block it must have been rebored. I think £20 is around the right price for a 2/2 so it would be interesting to find out what the reserve was. I'm surprised it didn't sell unless they wanted silly money for it.

Farmer42

Club Member
The advert says its a 2.4L so if it had L20 on the block it must have been rebored. I think £20 is around the right price for a 2/2 so it would be interesting to find out what the reserve was. I'm surprised it didn't sell unless they wanted silly money for it.

Sorry that should have said £20k. no wonder they didn't want to sell at £20:D

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator

The seller didn't know what he was selling! I got them to alter the description and even then they got it wrong. They started by saying it was a pre-production 260Z 2/2 which had had a 240 engine fitted!