260Z 2+2 Sold at Brooklands

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Looks tidy, on my phone at least. Estimate 25-30k so perhaps disappointing for the seller.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Any images ?
They look like this Sean.
ebay254186.jpg

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Looks really nice, not too keen on the wheels, but very tidy. Seems a good buy at hat price!

Are you joking ?
The bumpers don't sit right for starters and under what guise was it sold - 'originality' ?

Despite that - great that it sold for that much !:coolgleam:

TimW

Club Member
As Sean says, great to see it being sold for that price. It's showing £22,960 as the sold price now, fees etc I suppose. Have always thought the 2+2 was a little underrated. Great for the Z lover/ younger family that needs a little extra space at the back!..

I've always fancied doing a project like this, but it seems with prices on the rise it's going to be more difficult to afford it
http://www.speedhunters.com/2008/10/car_spotlight_gt_gt_260z_2_2/

Just a by the way. Did Datsun ever supply colour coded rear and front spoilers?

Last edited:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I know I'm a bit of a Z windscreen wiper 'anorak' but just look at the position of the wipers as 'parked' . Either the arms are in the wrong position on the spindles (in which case they may touch the side rubber when used) or the spring in the linkage that parks them lower is broken - or both.

Also the shorter of the two arms should be on the driver's side.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I know I'm a bit of a Z windscreen wiper 'anorak' but just look at the position of the wipers as 'parked' . Either the arms are in the wrong position on the spindles (in which case they may touch the side rubber when used) or the spring in the linkage that parks them lower is broken - or both.

Also the shorter of the two arms should be on the driver's side.
I'm also a wiper geek AND I don't like the front rubber w/out s-steel trim.

Farmer42

Club Member
Nice!

Noticed it had a ZClub sticker in the rear windscreen so it could have belonged to someone in the Club at some point. So who was it?