260Z 2+2 on ebay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
This 260Z 2+2 looks a nice example?.......

1978 DATSUN 260Z 2+2 RED on eBay (end time 02-Aug-09 16:23:10 BST)

!B(VSWiwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLl0T+JBKb)GQJ9T!~~_1.JPG

tali

Well-Known Forum User
That's a beauty- final year aswell?
In UK sales ,by how much do 2 seaters outnumber 2+2s?- i suppose 280zx is most common of the 2+2s?

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
That's a beauty- final year aswell?
In UK sales ,by how much do 2 seaters outnumber 2+2s?- i suppose 280zx is most common of the 2+2s?

Off the top of my head I know there where 899 2 seaters sold & I think 1700 & something 2+2's sold in the uk.
It is a shame this car is a 2+2 if it where a 2 seater several of us would be fighting over it :D. It looks a fantastic example.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
It is a shame this car is a 2+2 if it where a 2 seater several of us would be fighting over it.

Or, it's a shame none of us value a 2+2 !

Drop the front spoiler and lower the car, change the wheels and nice :thumbs: !

If a 260 is a better road car than a 240, a 2+2 is better still !

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Make it work..........

That's nice!

The 2+2 is a very undervalued car. You've only got to look at a few here (esp. Jay's) to see that they're just as flattering as a two seater but with the bonus of a bit of practicality too. White with dished minilites... Yummy!

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
i agree with the roof line not quite as good as it could be, just a bit to sharp at the top of the rear hatch they should of followed the gutter line a little more to round it off a little

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Or this current project :

and 2+2s are more comfortable on the road and can go just as quickly as a 2 seater and handle and brake......

Attachments

• 260-side-onUD.jpg
    260-side-onUD.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 31

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
i agree with the roof line not quite as good as it could be, just a bit to sharp at the top of the rear hatch they should of followed the gutter line a little more to round it off a little

Thanks Martin its nice to hear that from a 2+2 owner.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
They can look good with the right treatment!....

Nissan-260Z-2%2B2-4.jpg

Jays car is one of the exceptions to the rule ;) I wandered what he was doing stripping such a sound car at the time, but we soon found out why !!! :bow: other 2+2's I like where Phil Milcrest's & Bongo's both cars black with G noses.

Sean yes I do agree 2+2's ride better, more like a limo :lol: JOKE !!! I did own 3 2+2's in my early Z days, guess I quite like moded 2+2's but not so keen on std ones.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Martin its nice to hear that from a 2+2 owner.

You would have lost rear headroom though....I do think that the 2+2 version of the 280ZX works better than the 260Z 2+2, but the 260 2+2 has grown on me in the last couple of years and I wouldn't mind one now!:thumbs:

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
You would have lost rear headroom though....I do think that the 2+2 version of the 280ZX works better than the 260Z 2+2, but the 260 2+2 has grown on me in the last couple of years and I wouldn't mind one now!:thumbs:

They could have made the car longer & created a sweeping roof line :D.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Yeah, but you only have to look at the Panamera to see what happens when you get too ambitious with trying to retain a sweeping roof and extending at the same time. That slightly pointed line does interrupt a perfect roof-line slightly but then, as Sean has shown, with minimal fuss, that is all gone away in paint. A Z you can stick your kids in that doesn't weigh 1 1/2 tonnes has surely got to be a really attractive proposal (I could possibly blag the 'family-car' thing using this line of thinking!). It's gonna be the part of the marque that becomes the expensive curiosity. Time will tell.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah, but you only have to look at the Panamera to see what happens when you get too ambitious with trying to retain a sweeping roof and extending at the same time. That slightly pointed line does interrupt a perfect roof-line slightly but then, as Sean has shown, with minimal fuss, that is all gone away in paint. A Z you can stick your kids in that doesn't weigh 1 1/2 tonnes has surely got to be a really attractive proposal (I could possibly blag the 'family-car' thing using this line of thinking!). It's gonna be the part of the marque that becomes the expensive curiosity. Time will tell.

Yes was thinking Panamera whilst typing that, does not work does it, if you want a 4 seater Datsun buy a Skyline ,enough said :smash:

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I was waiting for someone to defend the roof line by the headroom - doesn't stick - they should have swooped it down 'cos you can only really fit kids in the back and unless they're wearing stetsons - the headroom is pointless !

I want to point out here that where mine was the conception, the execution of both the white and orange 260Zs was solely at the door of wonder-jakko.

The orange one is in build as we write - the white one is what I'd like to do after the orange one has gone.

Orange tech spec :

2.8, DJR head and cam 2" SUs, Nismo manifold
vented 4 pot discs
Tokico HPs, lowered, harder springs
probably electric power steering (eh Wyn ?)
completely refurbished inside
8x15s with 225/50s

Watch out 'cos she'll p*ss on some of your 2 seaters !

Status
Not open for further replies.