260Z 2+2.......No not that one....., another one.....at Auction

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User

uk66fastback

Club Member
I don't mind this one too much ... but something looks not quite right from the front in terms of lower spoiler 'squareness' ...

HU22Ekwg.png

johnymd

Club Member
That's a fiberglass front spoiler. They do come out like that. The bumper being mounted too low on one side also adds to the wonky look.

This car appears to have had a lot spent on it since purchased in 2015 and prices have gone up a little since then.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
I still see it as a £ 20k car max. but the auction result will give an interesting insight into current values for the 2+2 and see if the rest of the market agrees with my valuation or I am behind the curve.

Would also need to be satisfied that the restoration was a 'proper restoration' and not just a 'tart up' as there is evidence of pretty serious rust in the 2015 auction pics. Non-original colour may be off-putting for some and also keep price in check although I've softened my previous stance against this colour and non-original colours in general on classics, hugely important on an Aston or Ferrari to retain value, maybe not so much on a Z ?

uk66fastback

Club Member
Looks like a pearl finish as well - not to everyone's taste on a but hey ho. Maybe Don M should go view this one to get some idea of a comparison for his one value-wise. Description mentions quite thick underseal so I hope that isn't hiding a few restoration shortcuts.