260Z 2+2 at Auction

Stockdale

Club Member
Breezing through the latest issue of Classic Car Weekly I couldn't helpbut notice the sale of a 260 2+2 by DVCA on 13th September. It was described as condition 2+ so not perfect but certainly useable and decent. Don't have any details of origin or 'detailed' details but was suprised and pleased to see it achieve £22960 (plus buyers costs at perhaps 10%). There are of course only a handful of these cars on the road in the UK but it is perhaps an indicator of potential Z values in general. In years past (in my view wrongly) the +2 has been consided to be of little value when set against 2-seat variants. The same paper has a brief article article on the 240/260z but sadly and as almost always illustrates a non-UK model.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
So Don wasn't far out then with his price drop!?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
So Don wasn't far out then with his price drop!?

Whether you are joking or not (not sure...) I think there's a huge gap between the two cars, starting with the basic integrity of their respective bodyshells, the quality of the remaining OEM parts, the quality of work performed on them and the quality of aftermarket parts attached to them. And that's without bring the nebulous topic of taste into it.

Apologies to the new owner of the ex-Don car, but the car he now owns should not be valued anywhere near what the orange 2+2 sold for at the DVCA auction. Even in jest.