260 z carpet

status

Well-Known Forum User
Has anyone got the carpet that goes over the transmission tunnel out of their car as I want to borrow it to send off for a pattern as I think I’ve found a company in Wolverhampton that can get really near the original and also do the whip edging which most don’t seem to be able to do,Their stuff is top notch as just collected the MK 11 Lotus cortina after having carpet and roof lining put in
I want to send the whole lot off so I can just change it all over when it comes back hence the ask

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Has anyone got the carpet that goes over the transmission tunnel out of their car as I want to borrow it to send off for a pattern as I think I’ve found a company in Wolverhampton that can get really near the original and also do the whip edging which most don’t seem to be able to do,Their stuff is top notch as just collected the MK 11 Lotus cortina after having carpet and roof lining put in
I want to send the whole lot off so I can just change it all over when it comes back hence the ask

When you do, let us know the details / price as I’m certain quite a few of us would be up for it too!! [emoji106]

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah I just need the tunnel bit to borrow off of someone that’s not using their 260 then I can get it all sorted in one hit as the rest just comes out without having to dislodge the centre consul

status

Well-Known Forum User
I can take mine out but that means it’s sitting there in bits after taking the centre consul ect out and I can’t move it where as if someone has one sitting around I can send that off with the rest of my carpet and just sit and wait for the new carpet to come as I need to use it quite soon barring that I’ll just wait till winter time and take mine out

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I’ve had a look at the carpet I have, i wouldn’t want to offer it up as a good template, it seems to have been hacked around a bit where all the other sections are neatly bound.
There is a bulge in the passenger (uk car) side of the transmission tunnel. This was added to allow a Cat to be fitted on US spec cars although as far as I know this was never done on a 260. I’ve attached a pic that shows the differences.

Attachments

• AE1AE74D-7B98-4A74-9B5A-935D44EA8E97.jpeg
    AE1AE74D-7B98-4A74-9B5A-935D44EA8E97.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 30

status

Well-Known Forum User
Ok I’ll keep hunting,someone must have one to borrow if not I’ll wait till winter and take mine out