260/280Z Wanted

F16XER

New Forum User
Hi guys, if anyone has a 260/280, left hand or right hand drive car that might be coming up for sale please drop me a message!! I am not looking for a concourse car or too concerned about paintwork or the mechanics, just looking for a good base.

Last edited:

Rod

Club Member
Hi F16xer I will have one coming up in the next month Auto RHD 280zx targa on a A plate 80,000 miles on the clock.

Rod

Club Member
Isn’t the 280zx a very different beast to the 260z/280z?
Hi Alik, your right it's is. the main difference in looks is the front and the back is shorter. I thought I would suggest it, I am going to be putting my up, can't keep it as much as want to. F16xer might consider it.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Have a look at this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOVELY-1...660335?hash=item4b91bd772f:g:sYEAAOSwNqRgdEz2

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I actually thought that was pretty good for today’s prices! ;) I don’t think you can get a decent £5k project these days!!

The real PO of my car bought the car, spent 7 years taking it to metal and back, did a few shows, sold it 3 years later and still made money. The next owner traded it in 3 months later for an MGB V8 - I bought it for £10k from the trader who still made money. Those were the days eh!?

toopy

Club Member
I actually thought that was pretty good for today’s prices! ;) I don’t think you can get a decent £5k project these days!!

The real PO of my car bought the car, spent 7 years taking it to metal and back, did a few shows, sold it 3 years later and still made money. The next owner traded it in 3 months later for an MGB V8 - I bought it for £10k from the trader who still made money. Those were the days eh!?

If a slightly ropey 280z is £10,500 i think i need to up my insurance value to nearer £25k