240Z RHD rally prepared coming to Brightwells auction.

DarrenM

Well-Known Forum User
Strange terminology I thought!

“We are told that this included fitting a replacement shell from a rust-free 240Z California import”.

You can fit something like a replacement engine, gearbox etc. but not fit a replacement shell!

uk66fastback

Club Member
Strange terminology I thought!

“We are told that this included fitting a replacement shell from a rust-free 240Z California import”.

You can fit something like a replacement engine, gearbox etc. but not fit a replacement shell!

Of course you can, but just give it the no. of the replacement shell ...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think the point Darren is making is that you can't fit a shell to anything, everything fits to the shell.

Last edited:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Of course you can, but just give it the no. of the replacement shell ...

So let's call it as it is : not a replacement shell but replacement parts fitted onto a LHD shell converted to RHD.

We ought to invent a politically-correct name for that.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Glad to see you are awake Mr.Dezart, one point to you.
Just a little tune that comes into my head every time I see a car like this one, the car is missing an L, I'm missing an ER :)

DarrenM

Well-Known Forum User
I think the point Darren is making is that you fit a shell to anything, everything fits to the shell.
I mean you CANT fit a shell to anything, everything fits to the shell!
I think that’s probably what you meant to type?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Glad to see you are awake Mr.Dezart, one point to you.
Just a little tune that comes into my head every time I see a car like this one, the car is missing an L, I'm missing an ER :)
Got bombarded by them in my parents car as they only ever play Best of ABBA - kinda like rock and roll to them.

We're all tired - time for bed....boinnnng said Jasper Carrot - if anyone rememebrs THAT 45 !