240Z rhd parts or restoration

richiep

Club Member
Interesting. Nice that these kind of things still turn up every so often. How on earth did you come across that? Was it also listed on a car classifieds site?

However - looks to have some potentially nasty issues (and will obviously have more that the poor photos don't cover). The left rear quarter looks like its taken a hit; look at the door gap and the way the quarter swage line bends up and in. Bulkhead has some bad rust - could be a problem if someone entertained using it as a donor (and pointless with Andy/Woody's bulkhead kits available these days anyway). Rear hatch and thus probably slam panel is toast. LH front wing looks like its got some nasty rust nibbling. Could be a horrifying patchwork quilt underneath. Looks at least like its been indoor stored given the dust but that sunroof gives one the shudders about what moisture ingress might have occurred. That's some cool looking green mould in the engine bay too!

Part out (a shame for a UK car) or a project for someone with skill or very deep pockets?! Anyone who doesn't go in with knowledge and eyes wide open could get hurt!

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I bid up too £15 and was prepared to throw in a wagon wheel... whoever pays over 3k for that is on some very strong painkillers

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Blimey I was quite close to it yesterday - I can usually smell these things out! ha ha

Geoff-R

Club Member
£5,000 now, wow, that seems pretty strong money for what will essentially be a breaker, the rust in the front end, before you get any further looks pretty terminal, as pointed out before the bulkhead looks rotten. Lack of any detailed interior pictures is not encouraging. What value can realistically be placed on this car?

richiep

Club Member
I don’t think realism has much to with it at this point!

Someone with stars in their eyes and dreams of big restored value (and likely little specific Z knowledge) is likely to get a serious financial hiding on this one if it keeps going.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
£5,000 now, wow, that seems pretty strong money for what will essentially be a breaker, the rust in the front end, before you get any further looks pretty terminal, as pointed out before the bulkhead looks rotten. Lack of any detailed interior pictures is not encouraging. What value can realistically be placed on this car?

5K plus buyers premium of 15%, so almost 6K now. Madness.

richiep

Club Member
I must be getting old because even I remember (as someone who didn't get into Zs until the 21st Century) when cars like this would've been THREE figures.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I must be getting old because even I remember (as someone who didn't get into Zs until the 21st Century) when cars like this would've been THREE figures.

For reference - I paid £900 for my first Z (the white one) which was rotten as a pear - but probably better than this. That was ~8 years ago.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
On a positive note the dash appears to be un damaged with no cracks. That must make it worth the money:rolleyes:

Last edited:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Someone will need deep pockets for this car but if it keeps another genuine rhd zed on the road I think that is a good thing.