240z Rear Light Fixings

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
So armed with my new found knowledge of NES part numbers I ordered the specified fixings for the rear lights: http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/electrical/rear-combination-lamp -

16x M5 Standard washer
16x M5 JIS Pan-Head Machine Screw M5 x 10mm

I've checked this against the fiche and it seems to be correct but the screws are clearly too short to do the job and the washers too small to prevent pulling through the holes in the bodywork - anyone know what they're actually supposed to be? Or am I missing something in the assembly process?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
The 08310-51012 screws are used in several other places on the car, so maybe you could cross-reference ? The tailgate dovetail retaining screws are one, and relatively easy to get to.

That carpartsmanual fiche shows the screws going into the tail lamps from outside the car, but they are fixed from the inside.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
And to add, the carpartsmanual fiche doesn't show the flat washer which is part of that assembly. It should be flat washer, spring washer and screw.

Get yourself a copy of the proper factory parts manual for the UK cars if you can. If not, ask on here and I'll look up stuff for you.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I double checked it using the Nissan doc 'C-0010L' and it looked exactly the same so any help appreciated.

It works ok for the dovetail but the washer seems to fall into hole on the rear lights:

20200911_152458.jpg 20200911_152647.jpg

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
It works ok for the dovetail but the washer seems to fall into hole on the rear lights:

As I mentioned, the correct factory fitment (not reflected on the fiches you have been looking at) is large flat washer, spring washer and screw. The large flat washer prevents the screw from pulling through the hole.

Edit to add photo:

Comb Lamp fixing.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
As I mentioned, the correct factory fitment (not reflected on the fiches you have been looking at) is large flat washer, spring washer and screw. The large flat washer prevents the screw from pulling through the hole.

Ok so it should actually be something like 08915-53510 & 08915-13510 for the washers?