240z RB26 on ebay

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Wow!! There is probably £50k of man hours and kit in there and it does look lovely. It would be interesting to see what she goes for as modified cars rarely get that high. Then again, it’s worth what whoever is buying is willing to pay so let’s get the pop corn out.

atomman

Club Member
Nice looking car , I think white really does look good on a S30 ,

But for me I would have to change the wheels and is 55k for a RB26 converted LHD Z a bit steep? , don't think even an original RHD UK spec early car in good condition would get that much at the moment ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Nice looking car , I think white really does look good on a S30 ,

But for me I would have to change the wheels and is 55k for a RB26 converted LHD Z a bit steep? , don't think even an original RHD UK spec early car in good condition would get that much at the moment ?

I believe that the market is ready to pay strong money for well-modified cars. 'well' meaning well executed, in good taste and period-looking (classic).

Geoff-R

Club Member
Can't deny it looks a cracking car. Price seems strong but then again the money that has gone in to that car must easily run close to if not exceed that selling price. Agree with other comments I think the market is willing to pay for well executed modified cars and this one certainly falls in to that category.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
It looks great to me too - although I don't like white. If MZR cars are worth £80k, and this car is as good as it looks, it's worth the asking price.
It's got the same 100+ Octavo wheels my car has (and Ali was selling last year) .

Last edited:

richiep

Club Member
I know the car. Richie will too.

Yep. Andy Shaw's car. Lives in Sale, Manchester. He was, I think, the first to fully execute the RB26DETT swap in the UK, back in the noughties. It was going out in Andy's car as a passenger that helped give Dave Porter the inspiration for his swap to RB power. He scared Dave sh!tless getting onto the M60 if I remember rightly - 0-150+mph up the slip road...

It's an excellent car in all respects. Total sleeper, with its classic appearance, even down to the period 14" wheels. It's also really quiet on idle; other than the slightly larger exhaust tips, there's no external evidence of its utter supercar-battering savagery. Andy's outrun numerous pretenders in expensive German toys in it, when they've come up behind him on the motorway trying to bully him out the way, and been handed their asses.

A lot of the work was done by Lawrence Evans of Star Motorsport. Andy did a bunch of work himself too, using guidance and information from Hybridz.com. Pmac also had a hand in certain aspects if I remember rightly.

I would not hesitate if I had the money tbh (final price, offers, etc., aside). It could cost you significantly more to replicate that car from scratch. Awesome thing.

Side note: the near mint original seats in my red Z are in fact the original seats from that car. I bought them off Andy when reassembling my car as he wanted to go to leather but couldn't bring himself to have those originals recovered because they were near pristine.

Ian

Club Member
Worth it easily if someone out there is looking for such a thing as it would cost a lot more to do the same yourself.

I question how well it puts power down with those wheels? I guess less than the optimal traction you could have is the price you pay for the sleeper looks.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Note the 'Datsun' name on the cam cover. Yes it's quiet I can remember that too.