240Z polished steel wheels

Paul Atkinson

Club Member
Set of 4 polished/chromed steel wheels. Need some TLC. Came off California car in late 1980's when imported to UK. £200. Collect from North Bedfordshire.

Attachments

• Steel wheels.jpg
    Steel wheels.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Wheel label.jpg
    Wheel label.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Wheel nuts.jpg
    Wheel nuts.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 57

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Paul, I've seen you have some racing brake shoes for sale and I have noticed your profile picture.

I've put 2 and 2 together and got nowhere. Your car looks like the 240Z that Paul Stafford raced for many years however you are selling 260Z bits.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Paul Atkinson

Club Member
Hi Rob.
The car is that raced by Paul Stafford. I have known Paul for over 30 years. We raced together in the early 1990's in HSCC Roadsports. Paul is not as well as he once was, so I have purchased the car from him to smarten up for road events rather than racing (I already have an MGB race car in my garage for track use). At some point the brakes got changed to 260Z spec (I still have the original 240Z brake parts as Paul never threw anything away). Paul also stripped a 260Z of parts at a breakers yard, so hence I have some of these parts I am now selling.
The brake shoes I have are new that Paul purchased through Charles Barter. Unfortunately with Charles departed and Paul not able to find any paper work, I cannot say what make they are. Only that Paul had them to fit to race car for competition use.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Rob.
The car is that raced by Paul Stafford. I have known Paul for over 30 years. We raced together in the early 1990's in HSCC Roadsports. Paul is not as well as he once was, so I have purchased the car from him to smarten up for road events rather than racing (I already have an MGB race car in my garage for track use). At some point the brakes got changed to 260Z spec (I still have the original 240Z brake parts as Paul never threw anything away). Paul also stripped a 260Z of parts at a breakers yard, so hence I have some of these parts I am now selling.
The brake shoes I have are new that Paul purchased through Charles Barter. Unfortunately with Charles departed and Paul not able to find any paper work, I cannot say what make they are. Only that Paul had them to fit to race car for competition use.
Thanks Paul. Yes I saw Paul race late 90s onwards. He seemd to enjoy just driving to the circuit, race, have a cigar and drive home. On here we have HSCC racers Dave Jarman, Matt Bannister, John Hall and Kevin Irons. Do you know any of them?

Last edited: