240z on route. | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

240z on route.

Discussion in 'New to the website!' started by Wally, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

I thought I'd finally properly introduce myself seeing as I've bought a Z at long last. I've been a long time lurker and researcher and I've had a lot of incredibly useful information from this site so thank you all.

I'm up in North Yorkshire and have the joys of being stuck at work on call a lot so plenty of time to work on the car.

The car is being delivered a week today and I can't wait to get stuck in. Rough goal is to have a classic looking car and interior with modern electrics, drivetrain, brakes and suspension. I aim to use the car as much as possible so will be doing as much rust proofing as possible with the shell.

The car is a 72 240z from California. As with most it has good and bad points but thus one is definitely a project. The car is pretty much complete but a non runner. It has little to no rust but needs the floors and floor rails replacing from somebody being over zealous with a jack.

I will create a build log once I receive the car and get a chance to take better photos.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian, Mr Ex Jnr, tyroguru and 2 others like this.
  2. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Nice project Wally. Early '72 judging by the hatch - vertical defrost but no vents. Looking forward to some more pics when it arrives.

3. franky

franky Well-Known Forum User

ZFM motorsport?

4. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Yeah I bought it from there.

5. Mr Ex Jnr

Mr Ex Jnr
    Z Club Member

Am at Holmfirth
    west yorkshire :)

Attached Files:

• zs.jpg
      zs.jpg
      File size:
      277.1 KB
      Views:
  6. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Great looking car.

7. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

A good start - looking forward to seeing the progress - good luck.