240Z in Retro Cars

zedboy

Club Member
As many of you are aware I took my 240Z on photoshoot for Retro Cars. My car features in this months edition! It's a good write up and in general I'm very pleased with it. :thumbs: They took about 300 pictures and personally I would've chosen different pictures- BUT who am I?

The bloke that took the pictures and wrote the article, was spot on! A good day all round!!!:D

The article is a bit out of date now, as the photo shoot took place a year ago.

ENJOY!!! (I did!)

zedboy

Club Member
You can't beat Enkis!

They've given me a copy of a CD with all the photos on (freelance photographer), so i presume that means I have the copyright?

Anyone any ideas?

260ZG

Club Member
The copyright of the photos usually remains with the photographer and it is unlikely that they would have passed it on without a large fee :)

There is however a rider to this as if the freelance tog was commissioned by the magazine for this specific shoot then the copyright is usually by default theirs.

Note that the use of the word usually! This can all be altered by the specific terms the photographer was employed under.

This does not mean you can't use the images, just that you need permission to reproduce them in say the club mag.

You would normally be fine if you just want a copy for the wall at home as this is a non commercial use, and they have already been paid for. If however they found them in a rival mag they would certainly not be best pleased.

I would suggest that if you wanted to use any for the club mag you drop them a line asking if they have any objections. You should then get wriitten permission to use them (which they may term a single use licence)

It is not normally a problem for club mags and the like as they seem to regard it as advertising.

Hope this helps

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So who amongst you charitable chaps is going to send us copies please (costs reimbursed of course) ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Read this article at the weekend - didn't buy it because I was too tight having bought the 'Octane' mag a few minutes beforehand.

I do like that car and the article gets over the personal side to Z ownership too. Primary teacher eh Mike? My wife's a teaching assistant at the local village school.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah, I liked the owner of the car slant - too often it's just the car - well balanced article.

But I can't believe the 180 at the wheels of the Vauxhall Magnum - smells fishy but the Volvo article was good too and that's a credible 190ish at the engine.

Still waiting for the address to which I can pay for my mag sent over - please.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
You're on for that and a nice freshly imported bottle of something red for mademoiselle. Reminds me that I must get some more details.
Back to the thread, Cathy loved the kiddies custom pedal cars.

ukparts

New Forum User
Hi, I'm a pro photographer so I can confirm that you won't have any rights to the images unless specifically agreed in writing. The producer of the works (either the photographer, or whoever commissioned him - if there was a formal contract that is) owns the exclusive copyrights to the images.

Nine times out of ten though if you ask nicely you can negotiate some rights for free, as long as its not for commercial exploitation, or if your use of the photographs will benefit the copyright holders in some way.

Hope this helps,

Oli :thumbs:

You can't beat Enkis!

They've given me a copy of a CD with all the photos on (freelance photographer), so i presume that means I have the copyright?

Anyone any ideas?