240Z Front Brake Upgrade

bumblejon

Active Forum User
Hi Guys,

Over the winter I had been working on a front brake upgrade to replace my standard 240Z disc brakes using Wilwood Discs and Calipers utilizing a two-piece Hub/Floating Disc setup purely as an engineering exercise and for something to do. I wanted an upgrade that was fit-for-purpose that fitted 15" wheels and was subtle and looked somewhat stock to the casual observer.

I have manufactured all the parts and the upgrade is a direct bolt-on proposition with no other modifications other than some new brake lines and an upgrade to a 1" tandem master cylinder to account for the caliper upgrade.

I have run this set-up for 1k miles now with no problems and the performance of the upgrade is excellent, most probably overkill for the road but I was only ever going to do the exercise once in preparation for further power upgrades in the future.

I thought I would post this up as an interest piece and to make the design feely available to anyone that would like to complete the upgrade themselves rather than just buying an upgrade off the shelf from the usual suppliers.I am happy to supply all the relevent toleranced drawings and CAD files to anyone interested.

JP

attachment.php

Attachments

• Front Disc Upgrade Assembly - Wilwood UL 309x32 Disc & Superlite 6 Caliper.JPG
    Front Disc Upgrade Assembly - Wilwood UL 309x32 Disc & Superlite 6 Caliper.JPG
    477.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:

datsfun

Club Member
That's seriously nice and well executed. Out of curiosity, what sort of full cost are we looking at ? PM if that's better...

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
............... I wanted an upgrade that was subtle and looked somewhat stock to the casual observer....

They would have to be a very casual observer ;-)

A effective upgrade I would think. I'd like to see the pics a bit bigger if poss. Could you post them individually?