240z FIA head and calipers?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Has it been reshelled? Has a later dash and centre console.

No quarter vents and has the correct tailgate vents but I’ve not seen any original U.K. cars with that set up? Maybe Australian import?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Tbh I think he’s dreaming at that price, missing too much of its period correctness for that money and isn’t Resto-mod/MZR styled to fetch the premium.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
it says it had the boot replaced with one.

It doesn’t say replaced. It says the bonnet was replaced not the boot.

“ The bonnet is from a 280z with original vents, and the rear tailgate has the very rare vents complete with the trickle moldings in tact-almost unheard of.”

It doesn’t say replaced. It says the bonnet was replaced not the boot.

“ The bonnet is from a 280z with original vents, and the rear tailgate has the very rare vents complete with the trickle moldings in tact-almost unheard of.”

Yeah sorry Dan, its the way the advert is structured.

I wonder if its got tool box lids in the boot?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Would there be so much doubt and (slightly) negative criticism if this car was priced somewhere between £25 and £30k ? Look deeply and give an honest answer please.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Would there be so much doubt and (slightly) negative criticism if this car was priced somewhere between £25 and £30k ? Look deeply and give an honest answer please.

The sales description is iffy ("FIA head" etc) and makes you wonder whether the seller actually knows his onions, but the elephant in the room here the question of 're-shelling' and identity.

Looks to me that this is actually a 1970 production LHD bodyshell that has been converted to RHD, in which case the question of chassis number and paperwork comes into play. Being on an 'H' suffix plate I presume it has retained its original 'HLS30' prefixed chassis number and identity. Therefore, not actually any kind of re-shell or identity switcheroo?

Lovely car, but they must be clearly identified and understood - for whatever they really are - in order to command the big money.