240z and 260zx Differences

monsween

Well-Known Forum User
I've recently aquired a tonne of 260zx parts from an owner that broke his 260zx 20 years ago and stored the parts.

I was hoping to find out what's transferrable between the 240z and the 260zx so I know what spares can go into my loft for 20 years until i need them.

So far i think these are the common parts i'd like to keep, could anyone confirm?

Compatible
- Front Wings
- Front Headlights & Cowling
- Entire Dash (Hoping this for a RHD conversion)
- Windscreen
- Boot & Glass
- Window Wiper Cowling
- Bonnet

Not Compatible
- Doors
- Rear Windows
- Rear Seats
- Rear Ligths & Cowling
- Loads of Interior Plastics

I'll be putting a for sale thread up with Engine, Gearbox, Prop, Plastics, Interior (Not Compatible List) etc that i know i'm never going to need soonish so if you need anything then let me know as i might have it in a box somewhere!

monsween

Well-Known Forum User
That's what he said, I thought it was just the 260z and it was just a 2+2 version with a different back end

candy red

Club Member
No such thing as a 260zx if the parts are from a 260z 2+2 then i think only everything from the front upto the windscreen and dash are compatible, anything after the dash will be different I'm sure this is correct but may be wrong.

monsween

Well-Known Forum User
No such thing as a 260zx if the parts are from a 260z 2+2 then i think only everything from the front upto the windscreen and dash are compatible, anything after the dash will be different I'm sure this is correct but may be wrong.

That's pretty much what i was thinking too, boot lid might be the same was the only other thing i thought may be similar.