240Z 260Z 280Z Hooker Super Competition Exhaust Header Manifold

richiep

Club Member
I'm sticking this up here for people to get a first crack before it goes to eBay. This is a Hooker Super Comp header for square exhaust port L-series heads (I.e. E88, N42, P90, E31, etc.). These have been discontinued for a long time and were one of the various options available in the US back in the day before choice got trimmed down to the generally bollox MSA and Pacesetter designs. They were made by Hooker, who are better known for their V8 headers.

It's mild steel and is in excellent condition. Being from the West Coast, it only had surface rust, with just one area of pitting on the back of primary #1, but still nowhere near perforation. I've just had it fine bead blasted to bare metal, as shown in one pic, and then coated with high heat paint. It looks close to brand new. As shown, it features bosses at the top of each primary as this is a version for emissions-regulated cars. However, these can be simply blanked off with M14 size blanking plugs if not required. They will just need a tap running through to clean up the threads following the media blasting. Primary diameters are 1 7/8" / 43mm-ish. The collectors feature three bolt flanges that are not welded, i.e. Can be rotated as required. Mounting flange to head is 10mm thick and nice and flat (not like some of the other cheap US headers which were **** at sealing).

£275 plus postage.

I'll add some better daylight photos tomorrow.

There is an exhaust that could go with it, but that is a separate discussion point and not post-able due to it not being sectional. It's a mild steel twin pipe system with mid-boxes and no rear silencer, with stacked, slash cut (JDM look) tips. Needs blasting and silencer condition unknown as it is untested.

uy1rdeD.jpg

BZ354Ap.jpg

6SFYDSF.jpg