Discussion in 'Hybrid Z cars' started by johnymd, Sep 4, 2010.
John I cant rem now, but out of interest is the new shaft meant for the ns or os, as are sided?
I'm not sure wyn as it was a long time ago that I swapped it.
Here we go again!! Half shaft held up fine and his time.
I'm going to start a collection of broken parts.
Never seen a prop joint break like that before
Lucky it was the rear joint to !
Oops. Is that shaft out of the gearbox then?
EDIT: oh, that's the driveshaft from last week
btw, is that the std Z end joint ?
Very small as stock
Just been talking to Terry about that joint. I'm running a standard R200 with the out of square input flange. This has limited me to the size of UJ I can use. I have progressively increased the size of the UJ to the biggest that has this size flange. Terry is running a R200 but has a different, bigger input flange that has a square bolt pattern. Does anyone has a spare flange of this style as it may be the way forward for me.
Yes I think I've got one, came with my z31 r200. I'll check in the AM.
Am using a R33 skyline diff flange, that bolts straight up to the Z's R200 Diff
Should be more then enough for you ? Haven't got any spare mind
this is what i use John and still loads of room for the ARB although it is a early shell
Thanks Jon, would be great if you do have one.
This is it.
PM me your address and I'll post it tomorrow.
There are 2 that look the same but are different size. One has a square bolt pattern and threaded holes for 10mm bolts. The other is the standard 240z type.
Looks like the correct one.
my prop deffo didn't bolt up to it!
Been working on both the silver car and this blue one with the help of Dean and my mate Ian. Both cars are now running well.
The silver car was the crank angle sensor a little too far from the trigger wheel to get a reliable signal on cranking/idle.
With regard to the blue car, I started changing a few bit. Began by replacing the BCR8es plugs with IK27's and altering the fuelling for cylinder 4 (plug indicated running richer than all the others). Took the car out for a run and it was still missing on the higher boost settings. Next we replaced all coilpacks, increased coil charge time a little then went for another drive. No misfire even on the high boost setting (1.6bar) so came back in to check the logs. Knock control was fairly active and the lamda control was at its maximum to try and achieve target numbers. Modified the ignition maps to reflect both knock control and lamda control until we got it pretty close with changing the ignition maps by a fraction of a degree and lamda control only making 1-2% fuel changes. Very happy with the progress as its now pretty close to the limits so only minor alterations will be required.
PS. It's quick......really quick, but still no loss of traction so nice and safe on dry days. I've got the N/A setting for when its wet to keep me out of trouble.
Glad to hear you got the misfire sorted!
Looking forward to seeing the curve, numbers and times!
I'll bring my spare trousers tomorrow then :lol:
Separate names with a comma.