240z (1973) USA bumpers (front and back) with spacer on front | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

240z (1973) USA bumpers (front and back) with spacer on front

Discussion in 'Parts and Other Items for Sale' started by Graeme - CZ, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Graeme - CZ

Graeme - CZ
    Z Club Member

Hello,

I'm selling the 1973 US market bumpers I've removed from my 240z. I've replaced with new '70 - '72 bumpers and brackets. These have the larger brackets which you can see in the pictures. Collection from Edinburgh. Feel free to ask questions.

Thanks, Graeme

IMG_0023.jpg IMG_3597.jpeg

Attached Files:

Andrew Bartle likes this.
  2. Graeme - CZ

Graeme - CZ
    Z Club Member

3. LiamR

LiamR
    Z Club Member

How much are you asking for said bumpers?

I'm looking for a USA front for my 280z but can get the adapter brackets easy enough.

Cheers bud.

Liam.

4. Graeme - CZ

Graeme - CZ
    Z Club Member

Hi Liam,

Nice 280. £150 for the lot.

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. LiamR

LiamR
    Z Club Member

Thanks buddy!

Sounds a reasonable price... what's the difference between those bumpers and the later ones you have fitted?

Collection only? I'm currently in Saudi Arabia with work but home is Lincolnshire.

Liam.

6. Graeme - CZ

Graeme - CZ
    Z Club Member

The main difference is the brackets, over riders and the spacers on the front. These are off a ‘73 240z car, whereas I have put on a brand new set from a ‘70 - ‘72 240z. The most significant difference is the brackets, the ‘70-‘72 bumper has really small brackets which bolt on either side of the radiator. You could check for 2 or 3 bolt holes in area. If you wanted to fit these, then it’s much bigger brackets which bolt on beneath the engine on to the chassis. You’d need to check you had those bolt holes. If it’s a 280z, I suspect you do, though you may also have the holes which you’d be able to fit the earlier bumpers. There is a company in Vietnam that sells a set for around £600. You’d just need to buy front / back USA fit brackets.

Re delivery, you’d need to organise a courier to collect. I don’t need the hassle of packing and taking to a delivery depot. I’d sooner take them for recycling.

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk