240z 1971 Brake and Clutch Master Cylinder Repair kits

James240z

Club Member
Hi all,

So the body is nearly re (hand) built. Now I need to turn my attention to the bits and pieces that may make it stop and go again one day!

I have searched online and have failed to find repair kits, which I didn't expect. Any recommendations?

Also, I have a spare set of front chassis rails, the ones in the engine bay. They are as new, shipped in from the US, message me if interested, thanks,

James

johnymd

Club Member
IMO just replace the master cylinder. These are available. A repair kit will only work if the main parts of your master cylinders are in perfect condition with no signs of corrosion or ware internally.

James240z

Club Member
Thanks Johny. I am happy to renovate these, something I enjoy doing fixing these parts - and the internals re in very good nick, want to keep as much original as I can on this one, as it has been in the family over 30 years. Back last millennium I would just go to somewhere like CafCo and pick up a kit - the clutch master cylinder is stripped, polished and ready for new seals (the old ones are OK, but I may as well replace them whilst it is off the car and on the bench). Any ideas would be great - still drawing a blank on the internet.

Thanks all

PS if the worst comes to worst I will have to consider buying new cylinders and just strip out the seals! :)

Mr.F

Inactive
As far as I am aware, repair kits have been discontinued by Nissan and just about everyone else...
New cylinders in stock when you are ready.