240 rev counter problem

Matt Long

Well-Known Forum User
Out for a blast today, car running fine, all of a sudden the Rev counter goes right around to 8000 rpm and stays there. Turn the ignition off, it goes back to zero, turn it back on back to 8K

Anyone go any ideas?
Matt

SacCyclone

Club Member
Check all the coil wires etc but it is probably internal in the Rev counter. If you can't get it figured, i can bring another Rev counter when I come out in June.

adrianf240z

Active Forum User
Sounds like the rev counter at fault, not much to go wrong with the wiring, funnily enough there is a rev counter for sale on the parts for sale section. Adrian

Matt Long

Well-Known Forum User
Check all the coil wires etc but it is probably internal in the Rev counter. If you can't get it figured, i can bring another Rev counter when I come out in June.

Checked everything, it's got to be an internal problem, or it's learnt my driving style and just whacks around to 8k in anticipation.

If I cant get a clock over here, then I'll take you up on your offer for June.:thumbs:

SacCyclone

Club Member
No worries Matt, I have several of them. I will get a couple tested to make sure they work properly and bring one along. Cheers

highway star

Well-Known Forum User
My tacho plays up also!, not wanting to hijack your thread, but I believe there are two types, negative and positive trigger, correct?, does that refer to the connections on the coil?