240-60-80 lock question...

status

Well-Known Forum User
think the tailgate lock on the 240 is diferent,but no dowbt someone else on here might know diferent

Dale

Club Member
My tailgate lock is the same. The same as every lock on the planet. Any key opens it! :lol:

shak130

Well-Known Forum User
does anyone know if other older nissan door locks will fit a 240z. I want key for 2 doors and hatch...

Mr.F

Inactive
Pretty sure the basic door lock barrel remains the same throughout ('69 - '78) but the method of attachment to the rod changes. This part is C-clipped on and should swap over from your existing locks to make them compatible.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Mike, is there anything you don't know about Zs!? ;)

Wyn

Club Member
Pretty sure the basic door lock barrel remains the same throughout ('69 - '78) but the method of attachment to the rod changes. This part is C-clipped on and should swap over from your existing locks to make them compatible.

Mine is a 78 260z
When I was looking at replacement door lox was sure the earlier 240/260 door lox wouldn't interchange with the later 260z carz ??
Something about the barrel end - retaining arm/clip from early to late wouldn't allow ?

That I've seen I haven't yet found an early/ later Nissan with the same/ interchangeable door locks