2018 season

ben240z

Club Member
Anyone in the castle combe area on Saturday 24th March, the girls are running the Z at the sprint there. Any support gratefully received for these brave little soldiers.

Will add more venue and dates as we book them.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Best of to you all - can only support you from here and you know what with so contact me if needed.

ben240z

Club Member
Thanks sean, I was hoping to have done that over the winter but I had some issues. will be in contact. Ben

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I wont be in the area or available unfortunately, keep us posted on the events your attending though. It would be great to see the car being used in anger.

Good luck to them both!

ben240z

Club Member
1 and 3/4 lap sprint and 3 seconds separated the 2 girls with steph getting the better times this time

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
that's not good. I can view it. I will try to load it from somewhere else

Yeh, get it on Youtube.

I would imagine the car gets a lot of interest especially with two drivers (twice as many runs) and also being the fairer sex.

ben240z

Club Member
Hannah's best run at Abingdon on a damp/getting wetter sunday.
They ran on slicks for the whole day but with hindsight we should have changed to wets for the last run but as they were loaded onto the tyre rack already the girls decided to try the slicks in the rain.
This is Hannah's 2nd practice

ben240z

Club Member
cheers sean. It does that in all the gears when they stand on the throttle but on slicks in those conditions they were being a little cautious as they built up speed. They are determined to bring the car back for each other and me. 113 seconds for a 2 mile course from a standing start. One day day you need to see and hear it for real

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
It looks like someone is very at home in the car there, impressive run considering the conditions. I hadn't realised quite how stripped out this car was until I watched that video!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hannah's best run at Abingdon on a damp/getting wetter sunday.
They ran on slicks for the whole day but with hindsight we should have changed to wets for the last run but as they were loaded onto the tyre rack already the girls decided to try the slicks in the rain.
This is Hannah's 2nd practice

That's very impressive Ben - Hannah appears to be in full control and knows just how to get a good time in the conditions. I can imagine some of us 'overdriving' the car and getting it all 'out of shape' and 'locking up' etc etc . Her gearchanging is mighty and the car sounds lovely - you've got it running nicely! Well done Hannah.

ben240z

Club Member
Beaten by 3 scoobys, 1 sierra cossie 4x4 an Alph GTA and a mighty MR2 in the wet runs after lunch. She was 4th out of 11 in this run.

Yes they are both very comfortable and relaxed in the car and are gradually pushing more each time as they get to know tracks.

Thanks for the comments. It will mean a lot to them both

ben240z

Club Member
That's very impressive Ben - Hannah appears to be in full control and knows just how to get a good time in the conditions. I can imagine some of us 'overdriving' the car and getting it all 'out of shape' and 'locking up' etc etc . Her gearchanging is mighty and the car sounds lovely - you've got it running nicely! Well done Hannah.
That is why I trust them with the car Rob. They have no egos and just enjoy driving the Z. They also appreciate what it is and the history and story behind it

ben240z

Club Member
The girls are running in the sprint at Llandow circuit this Saturday if anyone is in the area. First time there for them so big learning day again