20 years of Zedding - and it's all your fault :)

Gio

Well-Known Forum User
It's been a year of Z milestones for the breed, and, by pleasing coincidence for my Z history. Earlier this year I completed 250,000 miles spread across my 3 Z32s and today is 20 years since I bought my first one. A manual TT 2+2. It was this very car that was officially faster than Clarkson when we got all the Zs (except a 280ZX IIRC) together for that video they keep taking the clip off YouTube! Hot Metal, it was called. It appeared in other media as well including the ZClub's very own mag. It last appeared (with me) at the 2007 Z event at Silverstone.
London commuting and a dodgy left knee forced a move to an NA Auto (had to go all the way to Cumbria for that one. And then, an idle browse on a forum made me fly to NI to see a 1999 Version S NA Auto with less than 20,000m on the clock. (This last one is for sale at the time of writing.)
Anyhow, point of the post is to say thanks to the ZClub, Steve, Pete and everyone else from here who has helped and given words of wisdom over the years. In particular, MrF gets huge kudos for technical advice and parts. Ta.
Nearly landing the somewhat overweight salesman in the rear seats when I first floored the turbos was the thing that hooked me on Z32s - and this club helped me keep going! Cheers, all :)

status

Well-Known Forum User
I remember the theme which was how much faster if at all are the modern cars compared to the 240 s 260 s of the 70s little did clarkson know that Tony’s 260 had. A 280 lump in it