2.8 Turbo 240Z for sale again

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Why leave the battery uncovered in the boot - a nice, black leather cover would be great but compared to the rest of the things to sort out on the car (lose the baffe for one), just a minor detail.

Love those Celicas.....

richiep

Club Member
Love those Celicas.....
Yes! Both JDM cars too. Particularly like the 73 GTV.

Still want a JDM RA25 or an RA28 though. I was actually talking to a guy in the States about buying his RA29 Celica a few months back when a local cash buyer pipped me to it.

atomman

Club Member
The black one needs a lot of bodywork done. Wasn't it for sale for nearly a year last time?

Its seems strange to me that they have given the chassis 4 out of 5 stars, from the photos I saw of the front inner wings,

Doesn't fill me with confidence with the rest of the report

I'm sure it was traded for a Black auto NSX that was up for sale not long after

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Rich - the RAs just don't do it for me...has to be the first shape, black GT interior, lowered....yummee but I've missed the boat, can't afford that now !

Mike - agreed and the same goes for S30s....all my own personal taste and opinion so nobody go telling me I'm 'wrong' !:p

Its seems strange to me that they have given the chassis 4 out of 5 stars, from the photos I saw of the front inner wings,

Doesn't fill me with confidence with the rest of the report

I'm sure it was traded for a Black auto NSX that was up for sale not long after

Or the fact one sill/door had a hand size gap at the bottom and a rear arch is too far forward.

johnymd

Club Member
I looked at it when it was on a stand at castle combe. I didn't consider it a bad car at the time with most of the money being spent on R&D with the engine setup. I got the impression that a ridiculous amount of money was paid to the developer. I would consider this to be a typical build from back when people were not so fussy about the body looking exactly how it came from the factory. This is a typical original RHD car so will have had lots of body repairs in the past. It may well be solid but not the perfect unmolested LHD car from California that we are so used to seeing now.

Although I don't think I'd ever buy (or could afford) a UK car again I do think this could be a bargain if it goes for within the guide price.

You can see what panels have been replaced as there’s massive welding beads everywhere.

I and another walked away from it when it was £5k about 7 years ago.

I can’t see massive value in the engine?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I would consider this to be a typical build from back when people were not so fussy about the body looking exactly how it came from the factory. This is a typical original RHD car so will have had lots of body repairs in the past. It may well be solid but not the perfect unmolested LHD car from California that we are so used to seeing now.

I supplied a replacement tailgate for the car (original was beyond saving) and - despite being an excellent, rust free and undamaged example - it wasn't a bolt-on fit and forget job.

Everything about the car suggested that the bodyshell had been through more than one kind of trauma and had 'had a life'. Certainly (typical UK market car) severe rust damage with historical make-do-and-mend repairs, mixed with a sniff of some kind of crash damage and major repair. Difficult to rectify.

Kind of an automotive Keith Richards...

Farmer42

Club Member
Love the TA22's. Me want!!:drool:

Had a 1600ST 1975 back in the mid 80's and always wanted another. A GT would be the icing on the cake but couldn't afford one now (couldn't afford it then either!). The pics were when it was in its prime but it soon went ripe & sold it in a very rusty condition in 1991 for 125Celica 1986.jpg Celica 1986-2.jpg

Mole

Forum User
Yep I saw this for sale about 7 years ago when it was 5k,still got the old ad photos too.
Reply from the guy was a bit sketchy that and the fact I couldn't find dvla details of it put me off.

A no go then ???
I've registeted with the auction...

uk66fastback

Club Member
Strange that for a car that was totally rebuilt, the body, paint and interior only score three stars out of five ...