2+2

status

Well-Known Forum User
Yellow 2+2 just come up on flea bay nice colour and all that, I’m not going to pick faults with it I’ll leave that to the usual lot but a fiver short of 40k.Am I missing something

Bazzateer

Club Member
For the same money you could have the 2 seater in green which looks nicer to my eye.
The "refurbished alloys" appear have just been stripped of paint.
Under bonnet hasn't even been cleaned.
If that is £40k I'd be asking £50k for mine.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Ha, this is not far from me at Thorney Classics. They do have a mish-mash of cars: MGBs, Beetles, the odd E-type, Minis, Mercs, Spitfires. I often drive over there for a look - seems like I am due another maybe.

Engine bay will be detailed in the next week so their website says and the wheels resprayed and relacquered.

Oh yeah, it’s overpriced, a lot!

Last edited:

toopy

Club Member
Looks pretty good visually, but not for anywhere near £40k, even at £30k it would be at the higher end and you'd still expect a much cleaner bay and engine, and i wouldn't be happy with those original flat top carbs either!
Sunroof, if it is indeed a proper webasto and then the rest of the vinyl is in good condition, certainly makes it a rarity.
Assuming it's a genuine UK supplied RHD, then that i guess makes it worth more, but not £40k more!

status

Well-Known Forum User
Nothing wrong with those carbs if you have the right tool to tune them properly,think I’ve still got mine somewhere and yes proper webasto,can’t beat em

status

Well-Known Forum User
Not a nit picker though, hardly and like most that were very active members many of us aren’t now for various reasons hence low club membership compared to wot it was
Wot do you think of it Alan I personally like the colour works for me and seeing one in the flesh with the vinyl roof it looks ok on the estate version also looks better in orange with the vinyl

richiep

Club Member
Not going to nitpick - it is what it is, a decent enough UK 2+2. Would - as with any UK car - want to inspect the inevitable army of previous rust repairs from its earlier life for quality/attention to detail!

No way on Earth is it worth 40k.

Neither is Steve Foster's old car (the green 2-seater RUN878N) - as discussed before - but at a comparable price, and knowing the car, I'd pick that any day over this one.

We only have to look at the lovely fairlady 2/2 that was on this forum, thats the perfect 2/2 if you're after one. I think that one undersold.

Good to hear numbers are up. The forum also seems a bit more balanced now. Well done to those involved.

Last edited:

status

Well-Known Forum User
Up to near where it was then,around the 800 mark ?
Agree there Rich seems the Zeds that are advertised for stupid money are mostly there for a long time
There has been a few 2+2 s done up over the years,lowered,nice set of wheels etc and they do look quite nice

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Up to near where it was then,around the 800 mark ?
Agree there Rich seems the Zeds that are advertised for stupid money are mostly there for a long time
There has been a few 2+2 s done up over the years,lowered,nice set of wheels etc and they do look quite nice
Paul (status) membership did reach 800 pre internet days and when the only way to communicate, learn and see members cars etc was by monthly meets and quarterly magazine. Now enthusiasts can come on here and participate (in a limited way) for nothing. Full membership however is very strong and increasing monthly.
We could block access for 'Forum Users' which may increase full membership but the current situation is our preferred position whereby all Z enthusiasts can be involved.

Last edited:

status

Well-Known Forum User
So wot yer think of the yellow 2+2 then rob,overpriced although the estate version must be the rarest on em all now.
Was me accused of being a very active member which took thread off topic to which I’m not on here much so just stated a fact really and trying to stay on topic

status

Well-Known Forum User
Think the 280zx might be up there making the 240 the more common model but wot is the most wanted,I won’t use the word desirable like sum would

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Was me accused of being a very active member which took thread off topic...

No, I pointed out that you are usually "a very active member" of what you call "the usual lot" (of nitpickers...). Irony, see? Nothing to do with being in - or out - of The Club.

You're discussing the car. So, QED. :)

status

Well-Known Forum User
I’m not a very active member though anymore I just pop up from time to time
Your thoughts on the yellow Z,