2+2 First post

Michael2+2

Forum User
Hi guys. My first post. I purchased this car must be about ten years ago now and imported it to Ireland. Really enjoyed driving it now and then over the years but would like her to be better able to deal with modern day traffic. So I’ve decided to help it along with a few new bits and probably a strip down and paint job. Just thought I’d post one of the first pictures I took of her when I got her. 751D4386-4A0B-4FDD-8DAD-76E7E68298C2.png

Michael2+2

Forum User
4CBEEB80-3681-4696-875C-A95B3ECBD762.jpeg Thanks guys. Just checked, I got it in 2007 and registered it in Ireland in 2008. Time flies . I think it was imported from Hong Kong to England in 1992. Bought buy a Mr Peter Chow from Honest Motors in 1978. I got a few search results for a Peter Chow who raced in the Guia race of Macau in the 70s. I know it’s clutching at straws but I thought it would be nice if by some chance I picked up the car of a racer, know way of knowing I suppose!734C6F1A-86B7-404D-8909-560D8C09A0C7.jpeg

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Peter Chow was a bit of a wheeler-dealer. He was friends/did some business with Haruhito Yanagida of 'Central 20' in Japan, and they collaborated on the Central 20 'Z-Sport' aftermarket wheels which Peter Chow marketed under the brand name 'Chowini's'. Honest Motors used to sponsor Yanagida san's race cars in Macau.

If you dig a little (you might not want to dig too far...) you might well find that Peter Chow 'bought' the car from Honest Motors in order to sell it to somebody else. Probably himself. Or Honest Motors... ;-)

uk66fastback

Club Member
I love the history of some of these imports. Car looks very nice. Is it in need of the work or is it better keeping it original (it might have lived outside for 10 years, I don't know)

Michael2+2

Forum User
Ha ha not the romantic history I was looking for but a history none the less. I’ll keep digging, warts and all
I saw it advertised on Autotrader one Wednesday and got a flight the next day to England and brought it home. I knew nothing about Datsun and it’s Z cars. I just saw it and jumped.
I bought it with what I was told was the set of original wheels in the boot which I still have. I wonder are they Mr Chows.
It had been painted before I got it but don’t know if it was garaged when in England. Since I’ve had it it’s been garaged bar a handful of nights on weekends away. The body is very good except for the roof at the tailgate which now needs attention.
I been battling for years should I keep it original or modify it. I’m probably going with electronic ignition. Jenvey throttle body and a DTA S60 ECU. Do the body work and probably change the colour.

Michael2+2

Forum User
Hi guys I wonder could anyone point me in the right direction?
I'm looking to buy a number of parts for the car. Is everyone getting their parts from the us or is
there a parts supplier in England that you all use?

Hi guys I wonder could anyone point me in the right direction?
I'm looking to buy a number of parts for the car. Is everyone getting their parts from the us or is
there a parts supplier in England that you all use?

general parts are super cheap from rock auto.

Depends what you're after, we did assemble a list somewhere. I'll have a dig about.