1988 Z31 restoration nearing completion

scb1957

Club Member
Hello all, My Z31 has been on here for the last 3 years, and thanks to a few die hards , to whom I will be eternally grateful, the car is now running, and thanks to the weather last summer, the bodywork is nearing completion. It's not full of bog, its bodywork is nearly pristine, just needed to sort out a few imperfections.
I have auto spark that is going to sort out the electrical problems, ( he seems quite confident).
Are there any meets that anyone knows about in the North West of England this year. I have had the car for about 13 years and I would love to meet up with similarly minded people.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Congrats on getting there. Do you have some pics? Would be nice to see it.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Great work on getting it sorted, be sure to get some pics up!

Regarding events, there lots to choose from, most locally to you I guess, Richie has just put up a thread for Oulton Park in August:

https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/oulton-park-gold-cup-august-24-26th.25446/

There's also Donington which looks to be the biggest Z meet theres been in the UK for years at the start of May, I really wouldn't miss this one if you caan make it!

https://zclub.net/community/index.p...i-donington-historic-festival-may-2019.24940/

scb1957

Club Member
Hi Z Heads, its been a couple of years since i last reported on my ZX300 Z31 2+2 auto. I regret to admit that it has been neglected for the last 2-3 years, but because it was waxoiled and undersealed by the person i bought it from, the damage is only cosmetic. Due to the lockdown, I have found time to start a complete renovation and it's going great. I have spent the last 2 weeks revitalizing the external paintwork, and so far it's going well. in fact, due to a new painting technique i have learnt, the results are far better than i thought i could achieve. There are less than 25 of these cars legally on the road in the UK, and by the time i have finished with it, it will be in the top 10 in britain. Hope to go to a meet in the north of england, once this virus thing is out of the way.