SOLD: 1979 280ZX 2+2 Factory Right Hand Drive - 5 Speed Manual Transmission

JeffB-61

Forum User
1979 280ZX 2+2 RHD manual 5 speed with black interior

The car had been stored in a garage for almost 20 years until early this year.
Soon to be available as tax exempt (almost 40 years old)!

The car was modified professionally during 1995 and was used from the spring of 1996 until 1999, when it was parked up.

I had thought I might be able to resurect this project myself, but I do not have the time or a garage (or even a driveway) to park the car while I work on it.

Over the course of 1995 in excess of £15k was spent on engine/drivetrain and bodywork.
The car was stripped to a bare shell for the repaint.
Of course, now 25 years on there's going to be some restoration needed, so this should be seen as a project, not a runner to drive home (even though the photo's might suggest otherwise).

The car will need to be trailered from its current location, which is approx. 4 miles east of M1 J18 (Northants).

Some info from earlier this year can be found at the below thread:
https://zclub.net/community/index.p...een-in-dry-storage-for-almost-20-years.24951/

The car has some great potential and I'd like it to go to someone who's willing to invest the time on it.

WP_20190224_15_44_04_Pro.jpg WP_20190224_15_46_03_Pro.jpg WP_20190224_15_46_48_Pro.jpg WP_20190224_16_10_36_Pro.jpg WP_20190224_16_11_12_Pro.jpg WP_20190224_16_11_32_Pro.jpg

More photos here:
https://zclub.net/community/index.php?media/albums/first-clean-in-20-years.349/

Please PM me with interest.

Thanks for reading
Jeff

Last edited:

JeffB-61

Forum User
Hi all,

Just an update.

The car is now sold.....A sad time for me after 26+ years of ownership, but I'm hopeful the new owner will invest the time and effort to get this car back on the road.
It would be nice to see it at an event or two in the future.

Thanks for all the messages and offers and apologies to those who are diasppointed.

Cheers
Jeff

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hopefully the car will stay in the club as I don't think there a many left with imsa bodykit, the last one I remember was Steve burns 280zx, be nice to see it on the road again in a retro race style.

Attachments

• IMG_20190809_100644.jpg
    IMG_20190809_100644.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 24

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hopefully the car will stay in the club as I don't think there a many left with imsa bodykit, the last one I remember was Steve burns 280zx, be nice to see it on the road again in a retro race style.
My 280 was a Kaminari kit not an Imsa kit
If I remember correctly Mr Fs last 280 was an imsa kit and that ended up in France
My old 280 is in bits in a garage in South Wales

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Would be good to see it at some shows one day. I do hope it's kept together.

JeffB-61

Forum User
I'm unsure if the new owner will keep the car as their own once it's passed an MOT, or if it will be sold on, but the thoughts of the new owner is to get it back on the road, not break it for spares - very pleasant news as there's too many older generation cars being dismantled.

It's a tricky one though, as bringing something back to life is generally more costly than any interest a re-sale might generate, and it's certainly not something to be done as an investment (unless you want a shrinking investment).

I'm sure the new owner will make themselves known on these pages when the time is right, and I'm sticking around too, as who knows, in a few years I might be in a position to buy it back.

Thanks everyone
Jeff

Attachments

• Bye.JPG
    Bye.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 18