1974 260Z Beautiful California 2 Owner Car £10K

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Purchased from original California owner this year with paperwork back to 1974 and a binder full of receipts including original Owner's Manual and Warranty book with Warranty Card in her name included.

This is a great price on a very solid and great running car. No evidence of rust in the usual areas and no evidence of any accident damage. The 100+ photos of the car speak for themselves.

This Zed runs great with no unusual engine noises or engine smoke. 4 speed transmission shifts smooth and is quiet. Clutch and brakes work as they should. Car tracks down the road straight and feels nice and solid.

This is a early build 260Z so it has the smaller bumpers similar to the 1973 240Z built in the states. It does NOT have the larger park bench bumpers.

Engine numbers match the data plate in the engine compartment. This car was equipped with air con but the compressor has been removed.

Re-paint in close to original color many years ago but still has a very nice shine.

Seats have been re-done and new carpet installed.

Full dash cap installed as the original dash wore the usual cracks.

This car still has the original under engine splash pan that is usually discarded early in life.

Metal louvers installed on rear window since almost new.

Updated early 4 screw SU carbs have replaced the problematic flat top carbs.

Early 240Z steering wheel and shift knob have been added.

Floors, engine compartment, dog legs, hatch landing, frame rails, and even the under carpet jute are in very nice condition.

Link to 100+ photos: http:

imgur.com/a/DoFOp

This car has been priced to sell with shipping costs to the UK in mind.

Please PM me with any questions or we can talk on the cell as well.

Cheers, Mike

VwNB8Gs.jpg

yUBvABG.jpg

4FdaSo0.jpg

TG6cUnT.jpg

cL4qrEa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

uk66fastback

Club Member
Mike has bumped this as for some reason I couldn't see the thread (I knew he was going to put it up sometime, but not when).

That's a pretty good price Mike, considering a RHD one just sold for nearly £26k over here. Colour looks great and the interior also. Dash cap is what it is I suppose ...

SacCyclone

Club Member
Will you ship it when sold?

Or is it on its way?

When sold, I will store until the shipper is ready for pick up and I will load up additional parts into he car if you would like to order from US suppliers. I will also document via pics when the car is loaded for transport to the port.

Sorry, I can not pay for shipping across the pond at the £10K price.

Cheers,
Mike

SacCyclone

Club Member
Not much interest here for this car after a week or so.

Time to move on to US E-bay and see how she fairs, starts tonight.

It is always interesting to watch these auctions and see how our cars do and where the market is.

If you decide to follow on Ebay, enjoy.

Cheers, Mike

uk66fastback

Club Member
As an aside Mike, do you ever think it could be beneficial money-wise to try and sell it on UK ebay rather than US? Would you get a better price ... ? I often wonder about the comparison.

I know there are different types of things to take into account when using either, shipping o/seas as against to another state etc. Money transfer etc

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks.

You ought to change one of the first photos of the front interior which shows a tatty door card you have replaced.
Good luck with the sale.

cpresslmayer

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Sac,
is your 260z still available or could you already sell it?
A friend of mine is very much interested in the nice car and left hand drive would be perfect for us in Austria ;)
Thank you for your kind response, Chris

SacCyclone

Club Member
Hi Chris,

Yes, the auction is still active on US E-bay.
If your friend is interested, I have offered it up here for £10K. The offer still stands and I will end the auction on E-Bay.

Regards, Mike

SacCyclone

Club Member
Vehicle has been sold on US E-bay and headed to a new home in Germany.

Thanks to all for your comments and inquiries.

Cheers,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.