1972 z432 £159,000

richiep

Club Member
Gets a "like" from me. Cue the next round of "it's not worth it" or "it's the same as my Datsun 240/260/280 etc"... :devil:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Gets a "like" from me. Cue the next round of "it's not worth it" or "it's the same as my Datsun 240/260/280 etc"... :devil:

Now, now behave.

And you know that Mr Burns doesn't know the difference anyway - they're all Zs and one family to him.:D

richiep

Club Member
Sorry, couldn't help it. :p

The detail of the restoration of that car is very nice IMO.

With that ad, is the price that which the car is being listed for in Japan, or does it incorporate a fat mark up, a la those daft classifieds from the Czech Republic?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry, couldn't help it. :p

The detail of the restoration of that car is very nice IMO.

With that ad, is the price that which the car is being listed for in Japan, or does it incorporate a fat mark up, a la those daft classifieds from the Czech Republic?

It would appear in my view to be THE price....add shipping and VAT and the 'mark-up' is consideration but perhaps no more than an auctioneers %.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Nice car but it's a fake though isn't it? I thought the Z432 didn't have air con as a factory option so how come this one has got the holes in the firewall for it?

Also didn't the Z432 have an extra exhaust shield bolted to the framerail?

johnymd

Club Member
Have you seen how they supported the car on the 4 poster? the front is in the middle of the floor pans!!!

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
I assume there are a few mods on it, ignition and coil over shocks for starters, on a car like this would those not take away from the value?

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Now, now behave.

And you know that Mr Burns doesn't know the difference anyway - they're all Zs and one family to him.:D

He like me and probably 99% of us wouldn't know the differences in any event. Bull and bravado to follow. :eek: and then some sensible posts I hope.

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
Sure look a beauty to me, genuine or not, just for fun gents, how much would a 240Z fetch if restored like that? It looks better than new to me with an untrained eye, £50K?

datsfun

Club Member
just for fun gents, how much would a 240Z fetch if restored like that? It looks better than new to me with an untrained eye, £50K?

£30-35k is my estimate ( restricted to Euro market, buyers an sellers)

The 2 stunning white examples for sale earlier in year were offered up in that range, both have sold but for undisclosed amounts.:cheers:

Come to think of it, does anyone know of non competition s30's that have sold for > £30k in UK? LHD need not apply:lol:

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
£30-35k is my estimate ( restricted to Euro market, buyers an sellers)

The 2 stunning white examples for sale earlier in year were offered up in that range, both have sold but for undisclosed amounts.:cheers:

Come to think of it, does anyone know of non competition s30's that have sold for > £30k in UK? LHD need not apply:lol:

I think that would be a lot of car for the money :driving: I'd take one restored like that over a 911 3.2 Carrera every day of the week :thumbs:

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Bull and bravado to follow. :eek: and then some sensible posts I hope.

Bull and bravado already served, and plates cleared away too by the looks of it.

I can do 'informed' if you'll accept it in lieu of "sensible"...?

datsfun

Club Member
I think 3 LHD cars sold for just over £30k. Do the maths......that's just over £10k each :)

:confused:

We are talking super nice top condition 240z's selling for £30-35k Each not Tesco special buy 1 and get 2 FREE for a cumulative total of £30k :p

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Nice car but it's a fake though isn't it?

It's not a "fake". It's a known car with a history.

morbias said:
I thought the Z432 didn't have air con as a factory option so how come this one has got the holes in the firewall for it?

Nothing stopping anybody from adding factory-style aircon to a car sometime over the last 40-odd years, and many 432s have been modified in this way.

But more to the point, the car in question is a very late 'Kouki' model from the very end of production. It's actually a late 1972 year build, with a bodyshell that shared far more with the L24-engined 'HS30' prefixed Japanese market models than the earlier production 432s did. One such detail is the provision of the aircon pipe entry and exit holes in the firewall, so they are correct for this particular car.

morbias said:
Also didn't the Z432 have an extra exhaust shield bolted to the framerail?

Some of them did, and some of them didn't. The car in question has been *restored* (not necessarily to original factory spec...) and lots of things on it are non-standard, such as the bare gold-passivated zinc electroplating finishes seen underneath. I would say that some of those choices are a little strange, but could be put right if required.

The 'coilover' adjustable platform suspension is in fact a period Nissan 'Sports Option' setup, with the stock diameter - but shorter - springs. Era-correct factory tuning parts are sought-after additions, and would not detract from the value of the car in the way that other things (like the apparently missing OEM 432-type Kobe Seiko magnesium wheels would be).