1972 LHD 240Z Suspension options

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Just wondering, what other 240 owners have got as their suspension setup? Options for a 1972 240Z please. Eibach springs? Tokico inserts? KYB? Koni? MSA? Adjustable coilovers etc? Bump-steer spacers?

Who has/hasn't uprated their anti-roll bars? Has everyone gone for urethane bushes etc?

And what does everyone think of what they've got? Too harsh, too soft, too bloody expensive etc!

SacCyclone

Club Member
Hi Tony, guess I will jump in. Stock suspension mostly with unknown brand lowering springs and black controlle shocks. Urethane bushings throughout with 1" sway bar up front and 7/8 rear BRE style. Bump steer spacers and tension rod T/C rod kit from MSA. Track day car with street use (fairly good ride quality on the street). Nice track qualities for beginner but with very little negative camber not ideal. Buying T3 front and rear adjustable lower control arms to get 2-3 degrees neg in front and 1- 1 1/2 in the rear. Set of Koni shocks on the shelf waiting for install. Saving adjustable coilovers and camber plates for track only V-8 car build.

asbojohn

Club Member
I replaced the rear end on mine with springs and shocks etc from Mr F and added an anti-roll bar. Its transformed the car and it'll go around corners now.

Your more than welcome to come and give it as try if that'll help you make your mind up.

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Same here... strut inserts and springs courtesy of Mike... just haven't fitted the ARB yet. All very confusing unless maybe just a duff set of springs or something missing. Can't imagine the ARB would make that much difference but maybe I'm wrong!