1972 Datsun 240Z Cali Project & sheet metal (SOLD)

SacCyclone

Club Member
*********************************PRICE DROP********************************

***********Now included I sourced a slam / tail light panel in good shape**********

Clean and clear California title 1972 Datsun 240 Zed, engine runs on remote fuel tank, auto box.

Car has been sitting for many years and needs full restoration.

I have replaced both front wings, front valance, bonnet, and rear hatch. No evidence of any accident damage.

I noticed a few small pin holes on the top of the passenger side inner fender well but most everything in front of the firewall is solid and no evidence of accidents at the front of the car.

The passenger side floor will need replacing as it is rusted. The driver's side floor has surface rust but looks to be pretty solid. Both rockers look to be ok but both dog legs will need to be repaired due to rust. I have removed all of the carpet and taken photos of the interior metal.

The roof has some surface rust but looks good.

The rear hatch landing and metal under is rusted out and will need new metal.

The spare tire well is solid as is the hatch floor.

The battery tray has surface rust and some pin holes but was treated with rust inhibitor, the frame underside looks to be ok.

I was able to get the engine running on a remote fuel tank as the tank in the gas leaks gas and is probably toast.

The engine sounds in good nick with no visible smoke, the exhaust is bad and will need replacing. The engine compartment looks to be mostly original.

Will need wiring looked at as none of the gauges appear to be working but I have not spent any time on tracing the problem.

This car will need to be blown apart and dipped or blasted.....more rust may be present aside from the rust I have mentioned already. Just plan on more rust repair.

I have a link to lots of pictures on my Imgur account here:
https://imgur.com/a/XChGjMG

HA3bL1b.jpg

wfIERay.jpg

QHbmc2b.jpg

Xo5ROm4.jpg

8e0Op6r.jpg

OVkBuni.jpg

R4nEnnC.jpg
y18YmvE.jpg

Last edited:

Robbie J

Club Member
So $1300 shipping to the UK and £450 unloading. Tax £200

that's a cheap 240Z project for a fairly solid car. I saw this in person last year.... just got to wait 5weeks to get it.

inside is orange from the paint colour not rust