SOLD: 1972 240z RHD

MichaelR

Forum User
Friends,i have a 24,000 mile 240z unmolested and dry stored since 1972,taken out and maintained every year but not driven,last job was a full stainless exhaust,now want to sell and i believe that this is one of the most original,low miles cars available and its original RHD, would like offers of around £40,000 sterling please

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Friends,i have a 24,000 mile 240z unmolested and dry stored since 1972,taken out and maintained every year but not driven,last job was a full stainless exhaust,now want to sell and i believe that this is one of the most original,low miles cars available and its original RHD, would like offers of around £40,000 sterling please

Hi Michael - do you have any pictures?

MichaelR

Forum User
Photos are from photographs as car is in dry storage but can be viewed by any serious buyers

Attachments

• 685ADFAD-E436-4DE0-AC5D-D6ABB3B030B0.jpeg
    685ADFAD-E436-4DE0-AC5D-D6ABB3B030B0.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 0AE05397-90D9-4D89-AFAC-D5C804589E5F.jpeg
    0AE05397-90D9-4D89-AFAC-D5C804589E5F.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 861D42C1-0428-4FEF-8DF8-6CE29A279BAD.jpeg
    861D42C1-0428-4FEF-8DF8-6CE29A279BAD.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 293
  • 642B43F7-E7C1-40C4-8B55-AB27E7B2B2B9.jpeg
    642B43F7-E7C1-40C4-8B55-AB27E7B2B2B9.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 298
  • E554408D-C80F-4B5B-9F62-EC09317558FD.jpeg
    E554408D-C80F-4B5B-9F62-EC09317558FD.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 285

MichaelR

Forum User
This has just had various maintenance on it including a full stainless steel exhaust,this is unrestored and has not been modified or tuned,i cannot find another rhd car in this original condition,any inspection is welcomed. Thank you

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Michael are you a dealer? Where in the country are you?

Can't take this seriously until I see good quality photos and some paperwork.

MichaelR

Forum User
Not sure what you mean Seriously?? I am a private individual,not a trader,based in London and have stacks of paperwork for vehicle,all history and as stated can be viewed by serious buyers anytime,i hope that clarifies as i am not a time waster and expect the same from others. Many thanks

uk66fastback

Club Member
Yes, if you are selling then you need to get some good pics up of this car - especially asking that much for it. That engine bay looks like 240,000 not 24,000! All original but maybe needing some cosmetics!?

Rob, if Michael was a dealer he would surely have better pics than this already up somewhere.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Photos are from photographs as car is in dry storage but can be viewed by any serious buyers

Thanks Michael, as the others have said since you're asking a high price for the car (though not necessarily unwarranted if it's as good as you say) you'll need a lot of high quality images.

MichaelR

Forum User
Hello, i can assure you that the vehicle is genuine mileage and not as you suggest.I am fully aware that a good set of pictures are required and with that in mind will supply when weather permits.I understand and this has been demonstrated in the few comments that have been made of disbelief that this is genuine. As already stated,this vehicle is available for any serious buyers to view and comments on provenance should be reserved until then. It is fine if you believe this should not be considered as a viable purchase but you would be foolish to dismiss it if you are a genuine buyer and not a voyeur. Thank you

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Not sure what you mean Seriously?? I am a private individual,not a trader,based in London and have stacks of paperwork for vehicle,all history and as stated can be viewed by serious buyers anytime,i hope that clarifies as i am not a time waster and expect the same from others. Many thanks

Ok fine it sounds like a great car. Have you or the car ever been to any of our meets or been a member?

I owned a very similar car - they are few and far between however when I was membership sec I did hear about another.

They rightly fetch 'strong' money.

I await more pics/info with interest.

Why wasn't the car used?

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Ok fine it sounds like a great car. Have you or the car ever been to any of our meets or been a member?

I owned a very similar car - they are few and far between however when I was membership sec I did hear about another.

They rightly fetch 'strong' money.

I await more pics/info with interest.

Why wasn't the car used?

Blimey Rob, take it easy! EXTRA:)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Fellow members and committee.

This a real gem and from a new user that needs help posting photos on a forum he doesn't know.

Perhaps Michael you could email your photos to someone here who can resize them whilst still retaining the detail. Alternatively, where (approximately) are you and perhaps one of our members can come and take said photos etc.

In any case, thanks for taking the time and trouble to log on and post. Looking forward to seeing photos such as seen on the site 'Bring a trailer' in the US which reassure any potentiel buyer and encourage them to contact you for a viewing.

Personally, I think you're underpricing the car.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Michael,

It’s always nice to see a car that’s not familiar and look forward to seeing any details your able to share,

regards,

a fellow Michael

MichaelR

Forum User
Rob,Appreciate your comments and agree with the request for quality pictures,the reason car was not used is due totally to being in dry storage and weather,i am awaiting a dry spell and will prepare the car for sale with a good detail,this has been owned since 1973 and has not attended meets or events,it is a totally genuine vehicle which will speak for itself. Thank You

MichaelR

Forum User
Gents,i am amazed at some of the comments but also slightly shocked by others that imply this is something that it isnt.in my opinion the perfect place to offer such a vehicle would be to enthusiasts and anyone who thinks i would waste my time and yours is mistaken. I will hopefully (weather allowing) at the weekend take some quality pictures and post them.All i will say is that any doubters will be silenced. Thank you

Jay.

Club Member
Gents,i am amazed at some of the comments but also slightly shocked by others that imply this is something that it isnt.in my opinion the perfect place to offer such a vehicle would be to enthusiasts and anyone who thinks i would waste my time and yours is mistaken. I will hopefully (weather allowing) at the weekend take some quality pictures and post them.All i will say is that any doubters will be silenced. Thank you

I think people are skeptical because we've had numerous people selling 'gems' that turn out to be the usual rust buckets we've all come to love.

Look forward to seeing some pictures - as above, I personally think you're undervaluing it. Have you considered putting it up on an enthusiast auction site? collectingcars.com seems to have a good following and you'll likely end up getting what it's worth!

Last edited:
Best of luck with the sale. it'd be worth taking pics of anything thats not 'original', also of all the key rust areas, along with what you think are some of the better details. those should all help your sale.

I've no idea of the value, or where the market would sit for it.

Welcome to the forum.