16 x8 Rota RB R's clearance question.

Sean287

Well-Known Forum User
I am looking for some advise on wheels and was wondering if anyone could help. Please forgive me if I'm coveringf old ground but I've tried doing as much research as possible on this forum and several others however there seems to be lots of varying opinions.

I am looking to fit Rota RB R's 16x8 +4 on all four corners. My wheel arches have been rolled and I have no desire to run spacers. I also have wilwood brake calipers up front. Suspension is eibach springs and tokico struts.

My question is; does anybody run these wheels and if so do you know what clearance is like with regards the spring perches front and rear. I was looking to run 225/50's all round however I don't know whether to play it safe and fit 16x7 at the front with a 215/55 instead.

Forgot to say the car is a 74 240Z.

Any help would be greatly apprerciated.

Cheers
Sean

johnymd

Club Member
How much? I could do with a spare. I think mine are rbr's, but I could be wrong. Need a spare anyway. Maybe even 2 if the price is right.

status

Well-Known Forum User
I am running the same set up on my 260z,the rears are ok in that size but i found that the normal diameter springs hit on the tyre,without going to smaller diameter springs play safe and run 7-16s,

Ian

Club Member
I quite fancy running Rota RB's in 16x8 +10, by my calculations this would leave them 45mm closer to the suspension. Hopefully with my new suspension setup I can get away with this.

I know if I go for +4 offset that will leave me more room inside but I'd have to roll my arches and I'm not so sure I want to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Club Member
Sean - How much clearance do you have front and rear? 16x8 +10's ok or is it better to go for 16x7 on the front?

I was thinking I could almost get away with running +20 offset to make sure I have good arch clearance but not sure if I can get away with loosing 35mm strut clearance.