15 x 7 Rota RBs

Nmd14

Club Member
Hi All,

In an attempt to keep my newly acquired 240z original looking, I wanted to fit 15 x 7 Rota RBs with 205/60/15 tyres.

I am told by a couple of suppliers these don't exist with a PCD of 114.3. Do any of you know differently, or if not are there similar alternatives you would recommend?

Thanks, Nick.

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
How about the Rota RKR - lowest width is 15x8J though which will fit stock 240 arches, look closer to the Watanabe rim and cost the same as the RB. That's at RareRims.com.

If you look in my gallery on here I have 15x8j Rota GridV's on Proxes T1R 225/50/15 tyres on all 4 corners, they're slightly 'balooned' on the tyre walls being 225 wide, in hindsight I probably would've gone 205/50 on the front. I reckon 60 high tyres might be a bit too tall?

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Rota RBs definitely are available in 15x7 with a 4x114.3 PCD, the problem is availability sucks in this country. In the UK most wheel places seem to only sell 4x100 PCD, best bet is to order from the US - a bit more expensive with import duty added but at least the exchange rate is favourable at the moment.

I also prefer the RKR to the RB, looks more old school!

racer

Club Member
Hey Jon, have you bought your new ones yet? My moneys burning a whole in the back of my pocket :D

Nmd14

Club Member
Couple of **** initial photos....zero offset, 205/60 tyres.

Attachments

• Z on street rotas p1.jpg
    Z on street rotas p1.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Z on rotas p2.jpg
    Z on rotas p2.jpg
    629.9 KB · Views: 115

atomman

Club Member
they look very nice ! and fit in the arches well, the 9's would only stick out another 1/2"

I would lower it a bit but that's just me and my obsession with lowering everything I have,

Gary

richiep

Club Member
Couple of **** initial photos....zero offset, 205/60 tyres.

Excellent. I've been planning to swap my Compomotive MLs to these in 15x8 with the same tyres. Looks ideal and your pics solidify that matt bronze is definitely the colour.

Franky, they are the RKRs, i.e. Rota's proper Watanabe R-type replica.

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
They look awesome. Keeps that classic Japanese look which I think you were going for? Hoping to achieve a classic Japanese look with mine too but more retro.