13x7 number plates... where

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I just ordered mine and they arrived without the border so I wrote to cheshunt.

The owner rang me back 2 hours later to apologise and get the order re-sent. I love the customer service!!!!

Also I enquired about doing a 12x7 which fits my JDM number plate holder and he said they can do it for the same price as their oblong ones. We will speak again on Monday to confirm the size etc.

Is 13” a better width?

The 12x6 came without a border as there is virtually no space for one but when we speak again on Monday, I will ask him about a border and 13”.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Oh brother!!! Where are the mods when you need them eh!? [emoji12]

I just ordered mine and they arrived without the border so I wrote to cheshunt.

The owner rang me back 2 hours later to apologise and get the order re-sent. I love the customer service!!!!

Also I enquired about doing a 12x7 which fits my JDM number plate holder and he said they can do it for the same price as their oblong ones. We will speak again on Monday to confirm the size etc.

Is 13” a better width?

The 12x6 came without a border as there is virtually no space for one but when we speak again on Monday, I will ask him about a border and 13”.

https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/black-and-white-number-plates.20655/page-8

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Oh yes, I had totally forgotten that thread! [emoji106]

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Ok chaps, just spoke again with Anthony at Cheshunt and he confirmed they can do 13x7 legally and he is looking into adding a border to it too! Will upload photos of the plates when they arrive.

Last edited:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
from my experience, the thing with 13x7 plates is getting big enough letters to fill the plate. the legal letters are too small to fill it.
02437b91f7ce22e2b0ca7e3fe2609f56.jpg

f205d2c27531c8217f45167005d35e9b.jpg

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Interested to see what height the letters/numbers are ...

Same as the 12x6 which I agree with John wont fill it but at least they are legal and the plate will no longer hang off the back towards the bumper ;)

81cdfa77a13a3609f95a0da004e6fb48.jpg

Hoping with a border (if they can do it) it would look ok.

toopy

Club Member
I wouldn't worry too much about the legality of these plates, the amount of blatantly dodgy plates i see on moderns is ridiculous. Given our cars are classic's and mostly have mot exempt status, a lot of peeps are probably none the wiser and i doubt the police could care less!

Bazzateer

Club Member
I wanted some black on yellow/white riveted plastic digits. Tried Jepsons (or may have been Framptons) but they couldn't make the rear one to the right size.
Sticking with the perspex for now but if anyone comes across someone who can do these let me know!

I wouldn't worry too much about the legality of these plates, the amount of blatantly dodgy plates i see on moderns is ridiculous. Given our cars are classic's and mostly have mot exempt status, a lot of peeps are probably none the wiser and i doubt the police could care less!

Thats it.

I don't intend on bothering with a front mounted plate, or it'll be a stick on thats on the lower front valance pointing towards the floor.