£30k Zed!

Dale

Club Member
Another pricey Zed on Ebay. I haven't heard of a 'Katayama Special' before. Apparently based on a special version given as a gift to Mr.K?

Still, £30,000.00?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Datsun-240-Z-1972-Katayama-Special_W0QQitemZ110164342255QQihZ001QQcategoryZ18308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

d58d_1.JPG

d781_1.JPG

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User

30K Quite high for a Z, but it seems to be a 'special' one & the link to Mr K & whatever goodies it has onboard merit it's value. If it were a
Ferrari, or Aston presented to Charles think how much it would fetch
then.
I also think it look's much nicer than Seans:devil: DJZ 60.:cool:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Oh I love this
Sorry to take the wee and all but come on at least he could give some accuracy to the advert

Taken from Auto Trader world cars 1666 edition
Woww ahead of their time or what....dont go into London though unless you have a fire extingisher.

which one?

Mr.G

Club Member
On first glance it looks like a very nice car, could do with better justice by having a more detailed description and more photos.

I for one would like to see more, I think the rear quite suits it. :thumbs:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
It's got a burly shassy !

Yep, we'd all like £30k for our Z but not on the strength of photos taken 10m away !

And did Katayama really f**k-up' the rear end like that - looks like a wannabe Daytona !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
How DO you know that:bow: ? They could be Opel Mantas'....but your ansewer only confirms my suspicion that it's a wannabe car ! And ugly ! And yellow - oops !

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
I know because I had one, lights made by Carello you can buy them from a place in London along with badges etc. see if you can spot something up with this picture. :)

Attachments

• 27-04-04_2014.jpg
    27-04-04_2014.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 36

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User

He could'nt spot an elephant pissin' in his pint!:p I think Moggy 240Z
had or has simular looking rear lens bits.
What I can't understand is,why our very own Z owners take a piss out of every Z being sold??? is it no wonder prices remain low???
& is it any wonder why the likes of Clarkson are given amunition to
poke at Datsuns/Nissans???
Point being...... A seller can put any price on his item.whether the car sell's or not is a different story. The car is being sold on Ebay &
you know what kind of listings you get on there i.e poor spelling & even poorer pics attached.:) Ebay Z 60.:cool:

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
308 ended in 1984...the 208(fibreglass) ended in 1986. No that this car is a 208.
Here's another give away

look at the windows

Attachments

• 27-04-04_2016.jpg
    27-04-04_2016.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 22

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Well, I'd already noticed that the rear side panels (where a Z has windows) have been filled in - gives the impression of a kit-car !