transmission

1. Mr.G

5 speed box for sale

5 Speed box I aquired, which was originally mated to an L28 engine. I calculated the ratios by turning the transmission in each gear and counting the revolutions between the input and output shaft and the results obtained show it likely has the late 280ZX ratios. Approx ratios obtained: 1st...
  2. solitarysensei

Shuddering at low speeds and engine cuts out in reverse

hi guys, hope you’re all enjoying the sun ☀️ i’ve had an issue come up - i have a ‘77 280Z, been driving the Z every weekend over the past couple of months and have had no issues until yesterday. cranks and starts fine, idling is ok, every gear engages perfectly fine when moving, however when...
  3. Herc34es

280z Gearbox Change to Semi

Hello everyone (new here), I've been trying very hard to get my hands on a Datsun, and this time I might be lucky! There is one question that I have and I would really like your honest opinions. Most of them that I have found, or at least the ones now that I have seen, are all manual. Not...
  4. Classic Z

Sourcing gears for a 5 speed box

Hi Does anyone know where to buy or even if it is possible to buy gears for the 5 speed original 280z box. I have removed my gearbox in order to replace seals, clutch etc and noticed that there is wear to the reverse gear. I have been trying to buy a new reverse gear from USA but can't find...