restoration

1. Preecey240Z

New 1973 240Z owner-full restoration

Hey everyone, new here as I've Just recently brought a 1973 240z to restore, any advice and help would be appreciated.
  2. Michael2+2

2+2 First post

Hi guys. My first post. I purchased this car must be about ten years ago now and imported it to Ireland. Really enjoyed driving it now and then over the years but would like her to be better able to deal with modern day traffic. So I’ve decided to help it along with a few new bits and probably...
  3. Mr mott

2+2 Jig

Hi everyone, I've been lurking in the shadows for the last six months. But I've reached the point where the internets information for the 2+2 has been exhausted. I've currently taken up the task of replacing the chassis rails which are shot and so will be needing a jig and to that point brings...
  4. Parsean

I bought two rough enough 260z 2+2............

So guys, I've wanted a z car for a good while now, and have been searching around alot the last 8months or so trying to find something in budget and that I'd be happy tackling. I live in Southern Ireland but there's really no love for these cars over here so alot of the stuff I was looking at...
  5. D

280z Strip and Paint

I've recently started work restoring a 280z and whilst the paint is okay it is not perfect. There's a few scratches, its a bit faded and I also need to weld in a rear panel and fit a front spoiler, both which will need painting. Because of this I'm planning to have a full outer spray done but...
  6. DarbyshireZ

Wiring Loom Help or a Donor Car

Hi Folks First ever post here so be gentle with me. I'm trying to complete a part done RHD 1973 240Z restoration and the good news is I have a very good shell, the bad news is I am missing a lot of bits. The most worrying of which is a wiring loom. Does anyone know where you could find one or...
  7. guy72277

English, live in Luxembourg, have a ‘74 260z (US).

Hi - I’ve been looking out for a project car for a while now and have just bought a 260z from www.hofman.nl. I used to fiddle around with an old Landrover Defender in my pre-kids days some 10 years ago but had to sell it for practical reasons, and since then have been caught up in the whirlwind...
  8. Weaverhead

Weaverhead's RB 260z Restoration

Right then, as promised this is the start of my quest for perfect Z ownership. After my 2+2 260z garage find turned out to be the most monumentally f***ed motor I'd ever come across I was determined to find one that could be restored. With the chaps at Retropower already lined up to do the...
  9. C

240z/260z Advice

Hi guys....I need some advice, I am considering buying a Datsun 240z/260z but i have some concerns. As i am a recent graduate, I only have the cash to either buy a modern car or get a Datsun (and spend the rest of the money to restore the engine and fix the body work....interior can be sorted...
  10. Collecting my zed

Collecting my zed

11. Back on the road after 13 years

Back on the road after 13 years

After 13 years of sitting on somebodys drive, its just got through an MOT.
  12. Back on the road after 13 years

Back on the road after 13 years

After 13 years of sitting on somebodys drive, its just got through an MOT.