engine

1. C

Selling an L24 engine

Hi, I’ve recently pulled and stripped my 1971 240z l24 engine, it is currently disassembled completely, it needs new piston heads and rings, I can attach photos on request. Would anyone be interested in buying this as I plan to drop a different engine in?
  2. J

Z31 PCV Hoses

Morning all, After some new PCV hoses for my 88 non turbo Z31, can’t see to be able to find them anywhere in the UK. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Many Thanks Jake
  3. solitarysensei

Shuddering at low speeds and engine cuts out in reverse

hi guys, hope you’re all enjoying the sun ☀️ i’ve had an issue come up - i have a ‘77 280Z, been driving the Z every weekend over the past couple of months and have had no issues until yesterday. cranks and starts fine, idling is ok, every gear engages perfectly fine when moving, however when...
  4. M-j-b

Your opinions please

So..... L28 engine with an N42 block and N42 head. It's basically the very first iteration with smog kit. EGR, Charcoal, Cat. All this is going. Plan: Lightened billet flywheel Jenvey intake (independant 6 x TB upgrade) with injectors Fast EFI upgrade Zstory race sport header, line and JDM...
  5. Robbie J

RB25 Neo I know somebody is selling one

So I'm building my pile of bits before my car gets here, yes the rust first. I picked up some injectors today and the guy has an RB25 Neo he is selling. It's in Slough. No idea if its any good or not, he was starting at 2K but think he will take less
  6. Z

Engine problems

First off im new to the Z Club and have searched to see if i could find some answers but came up empty handed. So, I have a 78 280 with an 82 turbo engine that im running NA. I bought the car not running fixxed a relay and it ran. The distributor was bad so i replaced it and put new plugs...
  7. 2

Heat related, non over heating issue.

Hi all, I have 1979 280zx, and i have an ongoing issue that has both my mechanic and I stumped. I noticed the issue last year, when driving the car in the morning, evening, or during the winter, it runs like a charm. However, if i have been on the road for awhile, or i start the car on a hot...
  8. mattbibbey

240Z Modification Guide/Article

Hello Chaps, Discovered this article a couple of days ago and thought it might be of interest to some of you. It's easy to follow and full of useful info. Datsun Z modifications and performance tips Please add your comments, I've no idea if all the info is correct or anything like that so...
  9. mattbibbey

240/260 thermostat. same?

Hi everyone, Just a quickie, are the thermostats for a 260Z and a 240Z the same? I don't even know if the thermostat housings are the same. Cheers in advance. Matt
  10. mattbibbey

Bad running, hesitation at revs and air in fuel line HELP

As the title suggests, I have a problem. When I first start up, it's fine. It goes through the revs ok and sounds fine. After a while, 5-10 mins perhaps ( but sometimes much longer), it starts to retard at around 3500-400RPM and won't rev any higher. After a while, the rev limit gets lower. Then...
  11. mattbibbey

Which OIL is Best?

Hello everyone, we all know that the most expensive oil isn't always the best and especially not for classic cars. So, just which oil is the most suitable for the older Z cars. I know there was an article in a recent/current Practical Classics issue but was interested in what everyone was using...
  12. J

260z SU problem.

For the last week I've been trying to setup the carbs after an on going problem with stalling. The problem with the 260z beforehand is it would drive for about a mile and then would start stalling (power completley goes especally on hills). It would usually end up with me coming to a stop...
  13. Shiny L28 #1

Shiny L28 #1

Header and triple carbs fitted. Features Dellorto DHLA40s - carb bodies hand mirror-polished (don't ask me how long that took me!), intake polished. Next jobs - fitting of Arizona Z Car crossflow rad, fit exhaust
  14. Shiny L28 #3

Shiny L28 #3

15. Shiny L28 #2

Shiny L28 #2

16. Surgery underway!

Surgery underway!

Went in (engine and gearbox together) very easily and quickly - the fun bit was then fastening the gearbox tailshaft up!!
  17. z32 tt engine

z32 tt engine

here lies my new power for my z32,this one will breathe even more power!!!
  18. 3.9 TVR SPEC V8

3.9 TVR SPEC V8

ENGINE BAY 3.9 TVR SPEC 240 Z
  19. ENGINE BAY 240 Z V8 TVR SPEC

ENGINE BAY 240 Z V8 TVR SPEC

MY NEW 240 Z ENGINE BAY TVR SPEC 3.9 V8
  20. 240\'s at ZedFest06

240\'s at ZedFest06

Nice blue that!