280zx

1. GAwes

1983 280zx Turbo Project Car - New Turbo - Polished L28ET - Georgia

Located in Sharpsburg, GA (about 45 mins south of Atlanta) I have an unfinished project 280zx Turbo for sale. I'm only asking for 1800 for it because I'm hoping it goes to a good home in the Z community. L28ET engine was completely taken apart, cleaned, machine polished, and reassembled with new...
  2. Dyst

Exhaust manifold difference?

Hi, I am looking into purchasing an exhaust manifold for my 1975 280z, but the one I want says "1977-1978 Datsun 280Z (2.8L Non-Turbo) 1979-1983 Datsun 280ZX (2.8L Non-Turbo) Fits Non-Turbo Models with 2.8L L28E SOHC I6 Engines Only" in the description I asked if it would fit and they said the...
  3. Aiden J

I’m a newbie 280zx

Hello all just in the process of buying a 79 280zx. Excited to get going with it. What’s the best sites to get parts from for the UK? I’m needing a new ignition barrel + key as the previous owner has lost the key. Any help?
  4. stevey456

280ZX 1979 Rear Brake Caliper Return Spring

My 1972 240Z was fitted with a rear disc brake conversion from the early model 280ZX (c. 1979) and I am missing a return spring from the right hand caliper. See image of left hand caliper. It's a Tokico caliper, also used I believe in the Mazda RX8. Does anyone by any chance have one sat in a...
  5. M

SOLD: Complete 280ZX with targa top for spares or repair.

Hi, I've just joined the forum because I'm clearing a family member's house in the Peterborough area and have a 1981 W reg ZX in need of a new home. It's a 4-seater auto with targa top. It's been stored outside for about 15 years, so I'm assuming that the bodyshell and interior don't have much...
  6. Ped

Cylinder Head question for a 280zx

Hi all, my head gasket failed on the Zed, so it went into the garage and the head was sent off for checking. The verdict is that it is "too far gone" and needs to be replaced. :eek: I have placed an ad in classified, but could someone advise which heads would fit my engine. I would imagine...
  7. G

ZX wheels wanted

Hi Guys, I want to fit some 280zx wheels to my car, I believe they are called argent alloys? Also there were some nice 6 spoke alloys aswell. If anyone has any with tyres please let me know. Gary
  8. iandecjak

Gear Shift

During the recent Beaulieu Jap day I was speaking to a fellow Z owner who mentioned there was an opportunity to buy new gear shift plastic bearing/bushes to tighten up shifting and improve selection. I cannot remember who he said supplies this replacement kit, does anyone have an idea, I am sure...
  9. C

Invitation - going to look at some parts

I have located a guy in Durham who has broken a few 280zx's and has a shed load of bits. The main reason I am going is that he has a red interior with the bits I want, some body panels, Complete Dash, Lights, Mirrors and other stuff. Will probably go up Wednesday morning, told him I'll take my...
  10. S

280zx wing mirriors.

I am trying to source a pair of original 280zx door mounted wing mirrors. Could anyone let me know where I might obtain. Electric preferred but not critical. Maybe an alternative could be suggested. Thank Stuart
  11. S

Front Bumper parts

I have a 1983 280zx 2+2. I have the main metal front bumper plus it's plastic cover. I am currently trying to find the mounting brackets (energy absorbers) plus the 2 bumper side pieces. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I was going to fabricate mounting brackets, but the side...
  12. T

280zx Body Panels

I know that the panels on the rear side of the car is called the rear quarter panel. But on the 82 280zx its is one piece from there all the way into the ttops. What is that piece of the roof called? I cant seem to find it anywhere.
  13. S

Headers and Intake

Hi guys, I just bought a 1981 280zx and the first things I want to get are headers and intake. I found 72C1122 Pacesetter headers and a Magnum Force Stage 1 Cold Air Intake System with Pro-Dry SYnthetic Oil-Free FIlter by aFe are these good to have or is there something better out there?
  14. Doin\' the rust!!

Doin\' the rust!!

I've finally got around to spraying the silver on the wings and repaired the rest.All to do now is spray her!!
  15. Doin\' the rust!!

Doin\' the rust!!

I've finally got around to spraying the silver on the wings and repaired the rest.All to do now is spray her!!
  16. Doin\' the rust!!

Doin\' the rust!!

17. Doin\' the rust!!

Doin\' the rust!!

18. Doin\' the rust!!

Doin\' the rust!!

19. black gold 280zx turbo manual 2 seater targa

black gold 280zx turbo manual 2 seater targa

z,ds spotted on holidays in florida 06 at daytona, orlando & clearwater
  20. Janspeed Flyer

Janspeed Flyer

Janspeed flyer for their Z and ZX turbo conversions, circa 1979 - part 2: road tests and figures.