280z efi

1. BenjEtch

280Z EFI Inconsistent Idle

Hi guys, me again doh! Sourced a new AFM for the Z which seems to be working fine which is great. What I did notice is that the car is now idling really inconsistently. It's all over the place. Here is a couple of video of the idle, recorded one after the other it sounds like it loses a...
  2. BenjEtch

280z Air Flow Meter Problems (Flap gets stuck)

Hi all, I got my 280z back up and running with a replacement pump and filter, however, I took it on a loop around the estate and it cut out when I blipped the accelerator and then released it. The flap on the AFM had got stuck 60% open, so I tapped it with a hammer which released it. I then...
  3. BenjEtch

280z Cranks but won't start

Hi all, wondering if anyone can shed any light on the problems I'm having with my 280z! My 280z was running great on Friday, then on Saturday it wouldn't start and I had to jump start it a couple of times throughout the day. I gave it a good blast throughout the day as there is still some old...
  4. M-j-b

Your opinions please

So..... L28 engine with an N42 block and N42 head. It's basically the very first iteration with smog kit. EGR, Charcoal, Cat. All this is going. Plan: Lightened billet flywheel Jenvey intake (independant 6 x TB upgrade) with injectors Fast EFI upgrade Zstory race sport header, line and JDM...
  5. Classic Z

280z EFi to Triple Webers

Hi I have just ordered a set of triple 45 webers with mangoletsi intake manifold for my 1977 datsun 280z. Just removed all EFi (harness, ECU), inlet manifold and exhaust manifold. Also removed charcoal canister and what I beleive is the AC vacuum chamber/canister. I have been looking on the...