260z

1. Graham Palmer

Spare wheel or inflation kit ?

Hi all, I know virtually non of us carry a spare in our daily drivers....but for our 240/260z ?... Just looking at the weight saving by not carrying around a spare (and the added tool storage space) and just carrying an inflation kit...makes lots of sense.. also, what have people done use the...
  2. H

240z/260z/280z Emblem LED Turn Signal Kit

Introducing, our first product to hit the market is our 1971-1978 LED Emblem turn signal kit. Each kit is hand made at our shop in Las Vegas, NV. Our kit is a plug n play harness kit that integrates LED turn signals into the pillar emblem. Installation is easy and we even have a tutorial video...
  3. W

260/280Z 2+2 seat belts

Hi, I am currently in dire search for seatbelt replacement for my 260Z 2+2 1978. A normal 3 point seat belt is not optimal as the 2+2 seater has the mounting points quiet high. This is done to allow the rear passanger for a easier entry I think. The original seat belts have an extension from...
  4. K

Looking for 240/260/280 Z first project car

Hi all, I've done a fair bit of research and have decided that I would like the 240z (series) as my first project car. I'm looking for basically a rolling chassis, but with minimal rust. As I've seen on the forums its hard to come by one with minimal rust, and if you do, its likely been done...
  5. Timbo

260z brake upgrade and modification

Hi all. Some help and advice please. Brake failure this week due to the copper flange into the back of the calliper cracking and losing fluid. Turns out that the flexi hose to copper ‘S’ shaped calliper brake pipe was not fixed to the strut (BC coilovers) and the latter was taking stress along...
  6. B

260z 2+2 Wanted. Must be reliable ready to drive, not a project

Hi All, I'm looking to get a 260z 2+2 (i know this is less popular than the 2 seater, but i have 2 young kids, and want to be able to take them out when they are older). Not in a rush, so if somebody wants to build one that would be cool too. Ideally RHD (although not essential), rust free...
  7. Classic Z

Super clean 1977 Datsun 280z Californian import for sale

Datsun 280z survivor car. Tax and MOT exempt. Unfortunately I am having to sell my lovely Datsun 280z. 1977 2.8L 5 speed car. Never driven in the winter on the salty roads. It is kept in my garage. This Datsun is not your typical 280z. It is completely original as far as the body goes. It...
  8. Classic Z

Fibre glass Light weight bumpers for sale

Hi Up for sale are some light weight bumpers including all mounting hardware Please make an offer if interested These 240Z style bumpers are a popular choice to replace the larger late model Datsun 260Z / 280Z bumpers. These lightweight fiberglass bumpers are the same size as original Datsun...
  9. Timbo

260z Rev counter fix

Having spent Sunday recommissioning my broken rev counter I thought I would share the results. Basically the existing unit was faulty and various attempts to trace the fault from the coil though to the rev counter ended with the disassembly of the tachometer and the acknowledgement that the old...
  10. Timbo

Identifying my 260z ignition

Hi, Looking to get some help identifying my ignition system and accompanying coil. Presuming that the 1974 car would have originally had points and happy they’re gone, but still has the ballast so should I presumed this is an electronic firer and as the ballast is stil, there, should be...
  11. Timbo

Speed vs. Revs in each gear - without Tachometer

Hi, Water pump replaced and able to put some miles on my new 260z birthday present today (on my birthday) A few small niggles to sort, one being a non working tachometer. While I investigate it and research my ignition (another thread posted) I wondered whether anyone can share with me roughly...
  12. Timbo

Early 260z alternator noise. Upgrade, replace or overhaul?

Hello everyone. New to Z ownership and the site, but super keen to learn, look after and perhaps tinker with my new 260z. Having recently taken delivery of a car that had only covered a few hundred miles in the last few years and stood for the last 12 months in a showroom, both water pump and...
  13. Timbo

New arrival

Good morning. New to the site but looking forward to spending time here, making acquaintances and learning all I can about these fabulous cars. Filled a lifelong ambition to own one this week with the arrival of the 260z picture below. ‘Excited’ doesn’t quite cut it and will undoubtedly post...
  14. Parsean

I bought two rough enough 260z 2+2............

So guys, I've wanted a z car for a good while now, and have been searching around alot the last 8months or so trying to find something in budget and that I'd be happy tackling. I live in Southern Ireland but there's really no love for these cars over here so alot of the stuff I was looking at...
  15. djmc

Hello. New here and looking for info / help on my old Z

Im now 50.....and every day since I was 22 and sold my 260Z UYN 55S I have felt like a plank.... polite way of putting it . So here I am asking if anyone knows if it still exists......???? I have no children and never been married so the only true unconditional love I have experience was UYN...
  16. toopy

Brake Servo/Booster Replacement

This obviously concerns my 260z 2+2 servo, but apart from the servo size difference on other cars, it's pretty much all relevant to 240z and probably 280z as well. I recently replaced my failed brake servo with a re-manufactured unit, my car being a late 2+2 it has the larger 8" booster as...
  17. J

Just a new Lady Z seeker!

Hello I am Jordan from newcastle uk, just thought I would introduce myself but also get a post out there incase you guys hsve what im looking for!! Long story shirt I have wanted a Z for the last 5 years and have never been in the position to get on but, im not looking for a beautiful imaculate...
  18. greghowarth

240/260/280z parts

260z block/crank/rods/Pistons E88 head, complete with Cam Standard clutch plate/cover/good condition Standard discs/good condition Engine fan 280zx injection set-up OFFERS INVITED PHONE GREG ON 20995 671840 or 07957166695 howarthmaggie@yahoo.co.uk
  19. R

Datsun 260Z RHD 1974 2 seater for sale

Hi Everyone, With a heavy heart I am now selling my 260Z 1974 RHD 2 seater. Engine runs, solid body, some bubbling on paint work though did have a bare metal re-spray a few years ago. Been in the garage for over 15 years. Some history and some bills. It is a very early car with an early VIN...
  20. The RAH Z

The RAH Z

1974 260Z