Search results

1. Robotsan

one for the wheel/tyre combo experts

I think you'd need something like a 195/65/14 tyre to closely match your others. This website is really useful for this sort of thing: https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=205&aspect=55&diameter=15&wheelwidth=8&offset=0&width2=195&aspect2=65&wheel_size=14&wheel_width=6&offset2=0
  2. Robotsan

power steering for a 280z

Was that these guys? https://easysteer.co.uk/ They're in Chorley, but I can't find anything closer to Blackburn! I got a quote from him for £1200, which sounds about right inflation wise if you had yours done a few years ago?
  3. Robotsan

power steering for a 280z

Do you need the 280zx pump to convert a 280z to PS? Or is that just another way of adding PS, in addition to EZ Power Steering and the other commercial solutions?
  4. Robotsan

Some Restomod pictures and videos from some Japanese Magazines I recently acquired

I enjoy the random image of Gyozas in this page.
  5. Robotsan

"3 Reasons The Cheapest Datsun Z Is The One To Have"...

Nice, I had a feeling you were going down the ITBs route! Will look forward to seeing the build. Have you got an instagram or anything? Always looking for other 280s to follow for inspiration! :)
  6. Robotsan

Nice. It's encouraged me to move the exhaust up the mods list - I think I value the sound over speed with these cars! What are you plans induction wise? Sorry if you said on the video. I remember mentions of a stroker but can't remember if you said you were going triples or ITBs etc.
  7. Robotsan

Hey man, yeah quality video and love the car. Can't remember what you said in the video - the engine is stock, just an exhaust right? And is that full Zstory from manifold to muffler? Spotted the sticker on the rear quarter window ;)
  8. Robotsan

280z project

Floors don't look too bad, just surface rust? Wire wheel it all & rust treat it then paint and it should be fine :) Weird that you can't reach the seat bolts. Not even with a ratchet? Is anything stopping the front seat sliding all the way forward? Are the front bolts totally removed? I made...
  9. Robotsan

What did you do to your Z this week?

Not bad at all! Thanks
  10. Robotsan

What did you do to your Z this week?

They look great. How much did that all set you back if you don't mind me asking? I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those home zincing kits to do all the little bits and pieces like this.
  11. Robotsan

MSA 6 to 1 headers any good?

Ahh, gotcha. Great, another thing I hadn't thought about that now I'll want to change 😂
  12. Robotsan

Sorry, what do you mean it'll be an easy thing to swap in? Do you mean if fitting the Fujitsubo to a 240? Or 280? Or am I misunderstanding completely? 😂 Btw, your username makes me think of Arnold J Rimmer, is that what it's from?
  13. Robotsan

Excuse the silly question, but this is the piping from the manifold all the way to the muffler? Do you produce them specifically for the 280z/R200 diff?
  14. Robotsan

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying Richie. I remember the noise from your exhaust hitting the road when you took me out in the red 240! 😂 A custom job does sound like a good plan to avoid any fitment issues I guess. Would a true 2 pipe system all the way to the muffler be any better? Or too much...
  15. Robotsan

Thanks both. I'll try and find some more info on this - the backbox looks fine like that to me, but the situation with the diff sounds a bit more of an issue.
  16. Robotsan

280z project

I bought that same 19 piece Precision kit for $275 from Summit: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pqp-cwk-244-a - saves you a nice chunk :)
  17. Robotsan

Thanks Richie, enlightening and useful as always.. And a big ol' dollop of realism.. So this is another case of you get what you pay for then. Gutted! How much of a difference are we talking, performance wise? And I mean in real world terms, rather than on a dyno - did you really notice the...
  18. Robotsan

I've watched a lot of US youtube videos of cars with the MSA 6 into 1 headers installed, and to me at least, they all sound great. I don't know if its just my imagination or not, but they all seem to have certain high-pitched scream to them compared to other systems. I haven't scientifically...
  19. Robotsan

280z project

I'm not expert by any means - just going by what I've been told and what I've read on here. And the fact @BenjEtch's 280z's EFI failed recently :) I guess if its all in good nic and well maintained, or you can be bothered to spend a lot of time/money tracking down the faults and fixing them...
  20. Robotsan

Some Restomod pictures and videos from some Japanese Magazines I recently acquired

I'm actually going to look into this :)