Search results

1. Kest

FREE: Does anybody want any fuel injected parts before they’re binned?

I'd take them just to stop them going in the bin really. You can never have too many spares right :p I work in Nuneaton so wouldn't be far out of my way. But if anyway actually has a need for them then please be my guest.
  2. Kest

2022 calendar, missing, presumed

No worries these things happen. My address should still be as it was originally - although I'm struggling to find what my profile thinks my address is. I suspect its correct though.
  3. Kest

2022 calendar, missing, presumed

hey guys, not sure who to appeal to, but i have yet to receive my 2022 calendar, not sure if it got lost in the post or if i'm jumping the gun as there are so many that need to get posted and only so many hours in the day. Sorry if its the later. if its the former, please could i get a...
  4. Kest

V5 issues

It's hard to say how much weight the club letter carried by itself due to their timescale to reply. They received a digital copy first with it - no reply. Then a printed version of the same email, but posted to them - no reply. And lastly, again in letter form, literally every copy of letter...
  5. Kest

V5 issues

To be fair it was far from on the road :p
  6. Kest

V5 issues

Just thought I'd update on this. The DVLA were not very helpful, they replied to me in February. And then again in march, they received all the evidence of errors on their part, all pictures of the car and evidence of it being what it is. It seemed to fall on deaf ears with zero reply for 4...
  7. Kest

Grill measurements

That is solid advice that I did not even consider. Thanks for the offer on the 280z grill, I think they have recesses for lights in the grill though. After doing some research - and considering I don't have an original valance but a fiberglass boy that came with the car I think I'm just...
  8. Kest

Grill measurements

I replaced the bonnet hinge panels on the car, but need to place my own brackets for the grill. I've never had a grill for this car so have no idea on the measurements between bolt holes for the grill. Can anyone provide me with some rough numbers so I can weld the brackets into place and it be...
  9. Kest

What did you do to your Z this week?

I've never used vinegar on stuff, but a quick internet search reveals that it's less effective than citric acid in rust removal. At around £5 for a kilo of granules delivered it's much cheaper than coke. But I can't answer for cokes effectiveness, it's never in our household.
  10. Kest

Can I just point out to all the lemon juicers amongst the group that you can buy a food grade critic acid online for very little. It's much less messy than lemons, and more efficient at that. Plus it's fun to put in people food or drinks. My kilo bag has lasted for years of removing rust off...
  11. Kest

Pottered around for a few hours today and got the crankshaft in. Glad it's no longer wrapped up on the floor at risk anymore.
  12. Kest

Inner wing guidance

Perfect. That saves me a few hours of work. Thanks lads
  13. Kest

Inner wing guidance

Ok lads, I've got panels on order now and will be cutting away some of the poor metal today. But my next big question is, I do believe I'm supposed to have vent holes here. During the patchy repairs this car has had in its lifetime it seems somebody decided it was easier to entirely ignore the...
  14. Kest

Unrelated but somewhat related freebie

Going through all the spares in the back of the z a while back and found this chassis plate. It's odd insofar as it's not stamped but looks original, also why was it there :conf2: It's of absolutely no use to me, and I really like the right person getting the right things rather than the bin or...
  15. Kest

Inner wing guidance

Whilst I was looking at their body panels I discovered that I'm possibly missing this tiny piece. Radiator support panel to inner wing support? 78 260 2+2 - but looking at pictures I think all cars 'should' have this piece, am I correct ?
  16. Kest

Inner wing guidance

Perfect, great help lads. Much love
  17. Kest

Inner wing guidance

The three captive nuts are present for the bonnet hinge at least. Does the captive nut for the grill bracket sit in between the two most forward bonnet hinge holes under the raised part of the hinge itself? It seems logical to be so. And where should the bumper bracket holes be? Is there a...
  18. Kest

Inner wing guidance

My inner wings look to have been repaired at some point (UK car problems), my question is, do the headlight scoops bolt on to the inner wing panels where the bolt holes are present - should I drill some new holes? And do the inner wings line up with the headlight scoops normally? I suspect they...
  19. Kest

280zx stereo

I find it a bit of a coincidence that this one looks exactly the same as your one. I always thought it was some sort of optional extra as it looks original ish. Now that I see two of them pushes me more towards this idea.
  20. Kest

280zx stereo

I have a spare console with I believe the exact same set up. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.