Search results

1. SacCyclone

S30 Horn Date Codes

So, today I opened some of the parts bins that I have for various years of S30 cars and located several S30 horns. I was able to locate the date codes stamped on the back of the horn body but am having a hard time figuring out what the date codes actually mean in years. Did a little research on...
  2. SacCyclone

SOLD: 1976 Datsun 280Z Cali Sunbaked Runs Drives $11,500

Recent purchase of this 1976 280Z in Northern California that has been sitting since last year per the previous owner, it was running and driving when parked. This car has the original California blue and yellow plates which means that it has been in Cali since new. Per the previous owner...
  3. SacCyclone

Early 1972 240Z with a Cali punt in 1992

September 2019 I got a call from a friend asking if I was still looking for Datsun Z cars, he of course had many conversations with me about old Z cars and already knew the answer. The story told was that a relative of the Z car owner was liquidating her uncle's cars and one of the last was...
  4. SacCyclone

5 more Z cars and a RL411 wagon found....Pics

So i thought I would make a POST of a handful of Z cars that I looked at today up in the foothills, all have been sitting in the Cali sun bake oven. I bought one Z car in 2015 and the owner called me again about the remainder of the cars that he needs to move. I made a couple of offers on the...
  5. SacCyclone

Center Console Repair using Qbond

I have been using Qbond.com for many years to repair cracks in plastic parts and cracks in the Zed center console in particular. I like it because it bonds almost instantaneously when the liquid is applied. Basically, the kit includes a black powder and a grey powder which, when the supplied...
  6. SacCyclone

Cool 1977 Datsun Work Truck

I have to go see this truck that the owner's husband used as a work truck prior to his death. I have not seen many in nice condition like this one and never one with a work bed attached from back in the day although I'm sure they were around. What do you all think????? Mike A few pics:
  7. SacCyclone

Ariel Motorcycle Found

So today I was out looking at a 73 240Z in a garage at a borders house and came across this basket case Ariel Square Four Motorcycle. I have no idea or knowledge about Ariels but I ended up buying it and taking it home hoping to save it from the scrapper or tin worm. Anyone here know anything...
  8. SacCyclone

355-mile 1976 Datsun 280Z live on BAT

Should be a fun watch......$55K and climbing in the first few hours. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-datsun-280z-39/?fbclid=IwAR3-tjLnN8vbPRTI8HGTFdy2zQkU9rN3YFinnoFPAhKncS5XyrNyptcgqm8
  9. SacCyclone

THE Z CLUB AUTOCORRECT FUNNIES:

Been very off Z for a few weeks. Thought to go for a drive the other night before lockdown and had the bonnet open while heating the car up at 2k rpm on the choke. The phone camera massively exaggerates it but with a naked eye, the primaries were a faint orange colour in the dark! As soon as I...
  10. SacCyclone

1993 Ford Lightning SVT found

I don't know what it is lately but it seems that I am stumbling across cars and trucks that have been emotionally discarded by their owners. This 1993 Ford Lightning SVT truck was purchased new in 1993 by the owner and driven 66,000 miles before being jilted for another lover. This truck was...
  11. SacCyclone

Resurrection Cali 280Z Hybernation in 1987

So I thought I would start a post of the resurrection of this 1975 280Z in 110 Red with black interior that has been stored in a garage in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1987. The owner told me that he purchased the car and drove it for a few months before parking it in his mother's garage...
  12. SacCyclone

SOLD: 1972 Cali 240Z LHD Roller £1900 (Price reduction)

The story: Previous owner in northern California stripped this zed to the shell and began a year long restoration of the suspension and late model engine / transmission upgrade. During the summer of 2018 most of the suspension had been blasted and powder coated, engine rebuild completed etc...
  13. SacCyclone

SOLD: 1972 California LHD 240Z Roller £2700

The story: Previous owner in northern California stripped this zed to the shell and began a year long restoration of the suspension and late model engine / transmission upgrade. During the summer of 2018 most of the suspension had been blasted and powder coated, engine rebuild completed etc...
  14. SacCyclone

SOLD: 1972 California LHD 240Z Ztrix Widebody Roller £3800

15. SacCyclone

BAT 1970 240Z Safari Gold 38K Miles Sold for $66K

When I think that Z cars are priced really high, I look to BAT and find that they just keep on climbing. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-datsun-240z-43/
  16. SacCyclone

Austin Mini Moke

At a co-worker's house today, he is doing some maintenance work to my tow vehicle. Saw this sitting in the garage and asked if that was a mini moke???? He said yes, bought it back around 2000 and drove it into the garage around 2005 where it sat ever since. He wants to sell it and of course I...
  17. SacCyclone

1972 DATSUN 240Z CALI PROJECT RUST REPAIR (NOW SOLD)

So I have had no takers on my 72 240z project car in need of rust repair, I have decided to have the repair work done here in the states since I have access to repair panels and a mate with many years of experience in rust and panel repair. Wanted to start a thread to document the repairs so...
  18. SacCyclone

My local Cars and Coffee video in Cali

A friend asked me several years ago to bring my car to a new cars and coffee event he wanted to start in our city. Our first event we had maybe 30-40 cars as i remember. It started to grow from the very beginning and today it is a huge event every Saturday in our town. Now were just worried that...
  19. SacCyclone

1972 Datsun 240Z Cali Project & sheet metal (SOLD)

*********************************PRICE DROP******************************** ***********Now included I sourced a slam / tail light panel in good shape********** Clean and clear California title 1972 Datsun 240 Zed, engine runs on remote fuel tank, auto box. Car has been sitting for many years...
  20. SacCyclone

(SOLD)DP Racing camber plates and coil overs, Eibach springs. $375 (WAS $600) in Cali.

NOW $375 Price new was $121o plus tax and shipping. New or Lightly used camber plate and coil over kit including springs. (4) Design Products camber plates #204-1003 (4) Design Products aluminum threaded collars #214-1101 (4) Coleman Racing Products shock top #ST-401 (2) Eibach #1000.250.0325...